Athletic ladies!! Which HRM do you use?

Options
I've been having issues with my HRM, every time I get down to do plank or pushups or anything of that nature my HRM loses my heart beat. :( Therefore I'm having trouble being accurate in my calorie burn. I'm thinking of getting a new one but I want to know which one's work the best for you.

Replies

• Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT4 and it seems pretty good!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    any decent one (more than £15.00 lol) will do they all give you the same readings!
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F4....I got it from Amazon for about $60.

Sounds like your strap isn't tight enough? The Polar's strap is adjustable. I've had problems now and then and it was usually not tight enough. As I get smaller, I sometimes forget to adjust things!
  • hannydee
    Options
    I'm also interested in which HRMs are the best. Considering saving up for one so I can get a bit more accuracy with my logging. Been looking at Suunto M-series watches online and they seem to be my favourites at the moment (they so purrrrdy!) but I'm not sure how GOOD they are...
  • jennyrider
    Options
    SportLine is what I wear & have been for 2 years now. Have never had any problems and I'm extremely active in my gym.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT40 recently. I'm a Polar fangirl but I have to say the chest strap on this newer model as compared to my original Polar F6 is not great. It loses the transmission regularly and my bra interferes with it's fit.

I'm not sure what to do about it. My old Polar had a firmer strap made of plastic. This is a cloth stretchy band it it just doesn't seem to hold well enough.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60 - love it!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have the Sportline 1025, I love it. I workout hard with it daily and it works great. I paid about $49.00 bucks on sale at Best buy, it has the chest strap.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    any decent one (more than £15.00 lol) will do they all give you the same readings!

this is actually, and unfortunately, not true. I'm a Polar girl myself (FT40 now), and I haven't had any problems with this one (or my lost model until it got water logged). The more factors that a hrm takes into consideration (age, weight, height, vo2 max, activity and fitness level, resting hr, etc) the more accurate it is. And then some models are just more accurate and reliable than others (although it's still just a best estimate based upon the factors it takes into account). good luck!
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6. It's 3 or 4 years old and is still doing a GREAT job for me!! Would definitely recommend that you get a model w/ a chest strap b/c they are the most accurate.:happy:
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT40 recently. I'm a Polar fangirl but I have to say the chest strap on this newer model as compared to my original Polar F6 is not great. It loses the transmission regularly and my bra interferes with it's fit.

I'm not sure what to do about it. My old Polar had a firmer strap made of plastic. This is a cloth stretchy band it it just doesn't seem to hold well enough.

My 3rd polar just bit the dust and I had to buy another. I bought it directly from polar, because they offered me a great discount when they were unable to fix the old one. I have had problems with their newer chest strap, so I told them to send me the old plastic kind instead. They told me lots of users do this.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F4....I got it from Amazon for about $60.

Sounds like your strap isn't tight enough? The Polar's strap is adjustable. I've had problems now and then and it was usually not tight enough. As I get smaller, I sometimes forget to adjust things!

The one I have now is a ironman timex HRM with adjustable strap (which I always put on way tight, like borderline uncomfortable tight).
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    If you are a runner. The Garmin 405 CX and above models are awesome HRM + GPS's. There are some examples of the data in my blog.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/keith0373
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My 3rd polar just bit the dust and I had to buy another. I bought it directly from polar, because they offered me a great discount when they were unable to fix the old one. I have had problems with their newer chest strap, so I told them to send me the old plastic kind instead. They told me lots of users do this.

Oooooh. Good to know!