I did something today I gave up on years ago!

Renae_Nae
Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
I ran at 6mph for 2 mins and completed my mile in 14 mins! I'm thrilled because in 9th grade I had to quit the varsity volleyball team and settle for JV (mostly my choice) because I couldn't run the distance without my knees hurting. Dr. after dr. told me to "take it easy" "stop when you feel pain" and "do only light impact workouts." I didn't have ANY knee pain while running (I'm saying it's all about the shoes!)

Today for the first time I feel like a runner! (a beginner, but a runner nonetheless)

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    I ran at 6mph for 2 mins and completed my mile in 14 mins! I'm thrilled because in 9th grade I had to quit the varsity volleyball team and settle for JV (mostly my choice) because I couldn't run the distance without my knees hurting. Dr. after dr. told me to "take it easy" "stop when you feel pain" and "do only light impact workouts." I didn't have ANY knee pain while running (I'm saying it's all about the shoes!)

Today for the first time I feel like a runner! (a beginner, but a runner nonetheless)
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    That is great Renae! Keep it up! You will be more than a beginner runner before you know it!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Wow! Very impressive! Congratulations:happy:
  • Congrats
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    And what shoes would they be?
  • Rae22
    Rae22 Posts: 10
    Thats great!!!! I run a 11 minute mile now. So slow.. but strangely enough.. I played vball in HS and developed "weak ankles". So I have to take my time. Great job!
  • Renae_Nae
    And what shoes would they be?

It's a pair of asics (i would have to dig the box out to remember which ones :laugh: ) They weren't bad though..I got them on sale for $50 PLUS got a second pair of shoes half off so I was happy :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    that is so great. congrats :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Wooohooo!! That is wonderful!! You must feel so great! :flowerforyou:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    That's AWESOME!!
    I bet you felt great. I know I did the first time I got my speed back up there. :happy:
    Great job!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mandy10
    mandy10 Posts: 17
    Thats so awesome to hear!!! I signed up for an 8k today and only have till the end of March to get ready for it. i hope i have good results like you did!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!