This is not good right ?

Options
Newbie question :)

This is not good right ? How close do I need to get to my calorie goal ?

I have been below my calorie goal the last few weeks and my weight was stuck around 95.6 kg's, creepijgn up slowly. I went camping for 3.5 days, did not exercise, had some (cough cough) drinks, still ate sensibly and healthy-ish, and came back to see I weighed 93.7 kg.

1756 Calories Remaining
Goal Food Exercise = Net
1450 644 - 950 -306

Obviously I am doing something wrong. I know I need to have a calorie deficit to loose weight, but, something is obviously not ticking properly. The above is my chart for the day, I did not go for my walk yet, and will eat some stuff before I take off for my daily walk, Am I starving myself and is my body refusing to loose weight ?

I read a lot of posts before posting, and have a feeling that I am eating too little ? Could that be the cause ?

Any and all advise will be appreciated ...

Replies

• angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Will you consider making your diary public? You will get relevant tips/advice from others on the site...
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    That is a huge part of the reason friends on here will tell you to make sure you eat back your calories. To lose weight, you body needs to have the proper nutrition. If you are skimping on calories, your body goes into starvation mode and stores calories and water, rather than burning them for fuel it will burn muscle which in turn will slow down your weight loss. Muscle weighs more than fat and burns calories more efficiently than fat.

Do some research on MFP, you can learn so much from these peeps.
  • Goomph
    Options
    Hmmm, I gotta find it first and then make it public :) Give me a few minutes. Not much information there but ...

Done ....
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just took a look at your diary-I would try to be more consistent recording your nutrition. Try and trust the program for a week and see what your loss is...eat the number of calories the site recommends for you and get your activity in. Yesterday your calorie intake was too low. Try it for a week and see how it goes-record everything and eat your recommended calories.
  • Goomph
    Options
    I started to record and shortly afterwards went for a camping trip. I did not bother recording anything while camping :)

I do record everything I eat/drink even if it makes me cringe while doing it, lol. As I work from home, it eis very easy for me to do. Eat and take a few minutes to jot it down.
  • Goomph
    Options
    I just completed yesterday's diary ...

I know, I gotta start eating vegetables again :( I fall of that train sometimes .....

Looks like I havea deficit of 644 calories, after everything is eaten and all execersize. So it is supposed to be like this every day ? 500-600-700 calories Less then what I consumed ? And that I should continue to loose ? I guess a lot more than that, and my body will refuse to loose the weight ? That's what I am mtrying to make sense of ....
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. It's really strange. All our life we were told "Eat less to lose weight!", then suddenly we do that, and now we're told to eat MORE to LOSE weight...

But, its true. All i can give is my own experience. I was on 1200 a day for 2 weeks, burning 4-500 a day, and i lose nothing at all. Then, i was told to try eating 2000 a day. I did this, and lose 3lbs in 2 days, and i carried on losing ever since.

If what you're doing now isn't working, what have you go to lose by trying something different? :)
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat.

Sorry but this cracks me up everytime i read it :laugh: