If you quit today..

Options
Apryl546
Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
As I was getting ready to make food it occurred to me, that if I quit MFP today, there is no way I could continue the weight loss I had been doing without a lot more hard work. I also have no support system at home, this place gives me the motivation and support I need.

How many of you think you can or can't continue on your journey successfully if you quit today?

Replies

• whatwentwrong
    Options
    i think i could for a while, just because this site has made me much more aware of what calories everything has, and i eat the same foods pretty much every day. but long-term, no way D:
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I could quit...I don't have a problem...I can stop logging in any time...lol...

I am proud to say that I am addicted to MFP. I wouldn't be where I am today without it.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I know, from experience, that I can maintain if I don't use the site but I get so much more out of using this website. So why quit?
  • susyj
    susyj Posts: 28
    Options
    i have realized after gaining 5 pounds that the key to my success is writing things down, being accountable...thus, my return today to MFP! Good luck on your continued success!
  • katinka13
    Options
    no way i quit that!!
  • lucky77sevens
    Options
    I know for a fact I can't lol...I had surgery June 1st and figured that I could guesstimate my cals and maintain on my own...WRONG!! I gained back 6lbs since then and look! I'm back!! This site is definitely keeping me on track, so I'm here to stay!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I'm here forever!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i could lose weight....i have before, when i didn't even know mfp was around. Mfp should be used at a weight loss TOOL, not as a life dependency.....what happens if your internet goes out for a week> are you just going to go off the deep end and eat everything in sight? Weight loss is up to every individual, its not the websites responsibilty. I do love MFP though!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I would easily quit today. I know how to maintain my weight and am comfortable going it alone. I've actually talked about deactivating my account, but have been talked out of it for one reason.

The fact that *I* can help someone else on this journey. If my struggles make it easier for someone else - then everything I went through was worth it. I stay so I can motivate and inspire someone else. :)
  • johnfnord
    johnfnord Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree. If i quit (and didnt take up logging some other way) then Id go back to gaining rather than losing. I love MFP so far.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, I dont have much support outside of here so i wouldnt do good, specially how my bf eats. id do horrible.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I'd be afraid to eat. This places helps with that fear.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Yes. OP, I am that important!!!! Oh, wait, I'm not on your friend's list......
    :P
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I tried cutting myself off, to see what would happen...

...gaining back 15 lbs is what happened.

Something tells me I'm not ready to go it alone yet.
  • johnlms
    Options
    I don't think I would do as well if I stopped using MFP. For me it's just like any other tool to make things more manageable. I intend on using it for as long as I can and it's a part of my daily routine. =)
  • Apryl546
    Options
    That can be easily fixed if you so want. :P
  • Apryl546
    Options
    I kind of enjoy the fact that I can have this site so freely to use. It's the greatest tool. <3
  • ruthie3110
    ruthie3110 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I did leave for a while and I'm now a few pounds heavier...
    Although there are other factors involved, I think that answers your question :P
  • kapeluza
    Options
    That can be easily fixed if you so want. :P

Oh... no sister! I'm taking the middle school route here. If she didn't send friend request, I'm not going to :P
  • kapeluza
    Options
    And what you all don't know is that Mike is secretly having us hypnotized to be addicted to this site so when we leave this website we can't function like normal beings therefore leaving us with the need to come back for more!!!! >___>