25lbs by January 1st Challenge

Options
Hi Everyone,

I saw a posting for a challenge to lose 25lbs by January 1st and wanted to joing but it was full already. Is there anyone else that wants to do this, I really need some motivation and I think a challenge would be great. I've never done one so is there anyone that wants to help with this or let me know how to run it?? Thanks!!

Replies

• Theselast50lbs
    Options
    Im down!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! My goal is by New Years Eve, but that'll work too. ;)
  • Heather0611
    Heather0611 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great!! Do any of you know how to run a challenge??! LoL!
  • marshalemar
    Options
    I would love to join....
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    This sounds great!! From the challenges I’ve seen/been a part of, they just have the people who want to participate update their weight each week in a post…and then also continuously motivate each other. You can either have a cut off limit for people to join, or leave it open so people can continuously join if they find the thread later. And to start, everyone who wants to join can post their current weight and their goal weight (can be less than 25lbs if they have less to lose or something). I can post my current weight and my goals when I get home tonight :)
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I plan to lose AT LEAST 25lbs by the end of the year, and I'm hoping closer to 45lbs.
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need accountability!
  • satodd9281
    Options
    I'm in. I hope it's more than 25lbs by then! But 25 lbs is 25 lbs!!
  • wayouttenor03
    wayouttenor03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in..
  • michelby09
    michelby09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm down too! This will be my first challenge on MFP, so I'm excited!!
  • Heather0611
    Options
    Ok great!! I'm going to start a new post for the challenge, New Year, New Us....25lb Challenge! (a little corny I know :) If I did the math right there are 15 weeks left until 1/1/12 (from yesterday) so to lose 25lbs would be 1.67 pounds a week, totally doable!! Hoping to do more myself! So, anyone who wants to do the challenge just add your stats on Monday every week, it can be your weight, or just your weight loss for the week, whatever you are comfortable with. And we can post in the thread to motivate each other any time also. If any of you want to add me feel free as well, any motivation will help! Let me know I'm not doing this right! I'm looking forward to the challenge though.....posting it now, talk to you all soon!! :happy:
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I'm in! My birthday is 17 Jan...so that's close enough! :-)

I will try my hardest but it seems like this will be too large of a goal by the date.

Thats 6.25 lbs lost a month.

IDK...Count me in though! :-)
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Maybe I did the math wrong lol... Whateves...I'm still in.
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I'm in. My birthday is January 2nd and I'm turning 25. I think it would be AWESOME to lose 25 by the time I turn 25 :-)
  • Heather0611
    Options
    This sounds great! I'm in. My birthday is January 2nd and I'm turning 25. I think it would be AWESOME to lose 25 by the time I turn 25 :-)

Very cool!! You can do it!
  • davisa122092
    davisa122092 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im In!!!
  • msneke3241
    Options
    I'm in!! I have already lost 15 so this another goal that I know I can achieve!!
  • Jessicaallen48
    Options
    I want in! :drinker: That sounds like fun!
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i'm down! count me in!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I`m in :) that will bring me almost to my goal weight as well :)