Options

Replies

• Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm am already doing two other challenges, but this one seems fun

9/22 SW - 168
    GW by Halloween- 10lb pumpkin gone!
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Eat healthy and move as much as possible (Currently doing JM's 30DS started 2 days ago)
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Sexy Halloween costume ;-)
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- I am on my first round of challenges right now so I don't have anything to compare to. :wink:
  • littlelinnie
    littlelinnie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've just joined MFP - I'd LOVE to join this lose a pumpkin by halloween challenge - how do I do that?:smile:
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    So by squats, you mean just standing and squatting down....with weight or no weight, whichever? sorry if this seems stupid

i just did 45...that was fun.

oh yea....Im am like 208 right now.
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've done 50 squats so far. :)
  • salvarado08
    salvarado08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I want to lose a pumpkin! My lovely pumpkin shall be 10 lbs. Sorry I'm a little late at joining :)

9/22 SW - 193
    GW by Halloween- 183 (10 lb pumpkin)
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Continue tracking and complete all the mini-challenges
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Take hubby to the movies
    What will I do differently in this challenge than other challenges tried before?- I too am just starting on MFP and my first round of challenges. I am just learning the ropes and doing my best!
  • jschm947
    jschm947 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    YES PLEASE!!! Great challenge! Im doing another one but love this short term one.

Mini goal idea- Try to burn 1000 cals in a day!!! That's my mini goal for next week :)

9/19 SW - 177.3 (Had a 2.4 lb loss so well see how this Monday is)
    GW by Halloween- 169 (8.3 lb pumpkin)
    What I'm willing to do to lose the weight? - Track all cals and exercise 2 times per week (only doing one time now)
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Take a nap with my babies
    What will I do differently in this challenge than other challenges tried before?- Hang posters in my house with my pumpkin....color in sections as I lose :) Hopefully I have my full pumpkin colored in by Halloween
  • 1nsands
    Options
    Sounds like fun... do we just come back to this post in order to check in???

I'm late. .. but I know what I weighed on Monday... I'd still like to join. I might even try and catch up on the squats!

9/19 SW- 168.2
    GW by Halloween- 156-149lbs (12.2 - 19.2 pound pumpkin. I'm determined to get into a healthy weight range for my height)
    What I'm willing to do to lose the weight? - Walk or do yoga during lunch at work. And do the kettleball workouts!
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Start trying to get pregnant...
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- I need to refocus and be back on track the way I was when I lost the first 13 pounds after joining MFP.
  • hera933
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge to kick me into gear...

9/22 SW - 275
    GW by Halloween- 250 (25 lb pumpkin)
    What I'm willing to do to lose the weight? - walk more, use my Wii Fit, cut back on chocolate! and DRINK MORE WATER
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- losing 25lbs will be very rewarding -just to fit into my pants!- but maybe I'll get a new shirt too.
    What will I do differently in this challenge than other challenges tried before?- This is my first challenge. =)
  • Wendy33510
    Options
    I would like to join, sorry I 'm a little late but I've been avoiding getting on the scale since June :)

9/23 SW- 168.4 lbs.
    GW by Halloween- 160 lbs.
    What Im willing to do: start tracking calories consistently again, most likely resulting in eating less chocolate :)
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween? Having my clothes fit properly again.
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before? I haven't been in a challenge in over a year, so just participating through the whole thing would be a good start.

Good luck everyone!
  • soozeeg
    soozeeg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've never done a challenge before but hopefully this will help me! THANKS FOR KEEPING IT OPEN!

09/23 SW- 160 lbs.
    GW by Halloween- 150 lbs.
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - fat flush for two weeks. working out at least 3 times a week for 60 min.
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- fitting into my new jeans :)
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- no more explaining away my 3 cheat days a week. one cheat day THATS ALL!
  • Ready2BEthin
    Ready2BEthin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!! No, its not too late to join. So many groups are closed I wanted to create one where anyone could join. And one that was fun to make us want to lose weight not dread it. The week 1 mini challenge of squats can be done with or without weights. I do mine without. You just go to sit down in a chair and before you do you just stand back up, thats the best way I can describe it.

WEIGH IN IS MONDAY 9-26-11!!! Watch your calories this weekend. I will create a chart next week so we can track our weight loss.

Ive been listening to Jillian Michaels, "Unlimited" book on CD, it is AMAZING! I highly recommend it. I just rented it from the library and finished it this week. One thing that stuck in my mind was Jillian ask people why do they want to lose weight. She refuse to accept the answer cuz they want to be healthy, she says whats the specific reason you want to lose weight. And then when you find the exact reason, and then you think of eating the pizza or the bad foods, she says to ask yourself, "is this pizza going to help me get closer to the exact reason I want to lose weight or is it going to keep me overweight?" The other day I wanted doritos but when I asked myself that question, I put the bag down. Keep going strong everyone, you can do it. ....If millions of people in the world lost all their weight and reached their goal, then that means we can too!!!

:smile:
  • theMunchies
    Options
    Thank you! a Halloween challenge is JUST what I was looking for. I'm new here, hopefully I can still join. I don't know what I weighed on Monday but I did weigh myself this morning, so here it goes:

9/23 SW: 61.3 kg (135.1 lbs)
    GW by Halloween: 56 kg (123.4 lbs)

*What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Log daily, keep track of my weight, exercise EVERY day, even if it's just for 20 min.
    *What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween? Sexy little Halloween costume!
  • imjustlisa
    imjustlisa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i am in for sure...Im so glad you kept this an open group. This is my first group so if you have any special rules let me know....
    my weight on monday was 132
    what am i willing to do to lose this weight? I already eat pretty good...so I say give up that one soda per day and implement a real exercise plan daily with sunday as a rest day. (you will see I have been on here one year with one pound loss!!)
    what will my reward be? Skinny jeans and knee high boots.
    so starting weight is 132 and my goal for halloween is 125!
  • imjustlisa
    imjustlisa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!! No, its not too late to join. So many groups are closed I wanted to create one where anyone could join. And one that was fun to make us want to lose weight not dread it. The week 1 mini challenge of squats can be done with or without weights. I do mine without. You just go to sit down in a chair and before you do you just stand back up, thats the best way I can describe it.

WEIGH IN IS MONDAY 9-26-11!!! Watch your calories this weekend. I will create a chart next week so we can track our weight loss.

Ive been listening to Jillian Michaels, "Unlimited" book on CD, it is AMAZING! I highly recommend it. I just rented it from the library and finished it this week. One thing that stuck in my mind was Jillian ask people why do they want to lose weight. She refuse to accept the answer cuz they want to be healthy, she says whats the specific reason you want to lose weight. And then when you find the exact reason, and then you think of eating the pizza or the bad foods, she says to ask yourself, "is this pizza going to help me get closer to the exact reason I want to lose weight or is it going to keep me overweight?" The other day I wanted doritos but when I asked myself that question, I put the bag down. Keep going strong everyone, you can do it. ....If millions of people in the world lost all their weight and reached their goal, then that means we can too!!!

:smile:
    Just a quick Thank you for putting in your time and effort to do this! I do appreciate it and will accept every challenge!
  • galaxyshark
    Options
    I saw this group mid last week, and it looks pretty awesome. I have yet to do a group since joining last month, so my shy curiosity wants to ask if I can get started with tomorrow's weigh in, a week behind??? May be a dull question, but, hey, still trying to work out all of the goodies on this site. :). Thanks!
  • caitlinbsw
    Options
    I would love to join this group! I am finding that in reading the boards have motivated me so I hope to keep up with my goals! I'm also in a wedding the beginning or November, and would love to be down 20 pounds before then! Don't know that I will get done with the 200 squat challenge by tomorrow, but I may try to do at least 50 today!

I'm gonna lose a 20 pound pumpkin! I hope!

9/25 SW- 255ish lbs.
    GW by Halloween- 235 lbs.
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Move my butt! Keep my workout dates with my friend! And eat better!
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Get a new outfit or purse!
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- Drink Water, Honestly Track Food and Exercise, and Exercise! It is my first challenge though!
  • caitlinbsw
    Options

What will I do differently in this challenge than other challenges tried before?- Hang posters in my house with my pumpkin....color in sections as I lose :) Hopefully I have my full pumpkin colored in by Halloween

LOVE THIS IDEA! Mind if I borrow it?
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Finished my squats today!, and rode over ten miles on my bike. Needless to say, my legs are killing me! But, I really enjoyed this challenge and think it would be great if we could do a new challenge every week! :) thanks so much for putting this group together, it's really helping me stay accountable. I look forward to this weeks challenge! ;)
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this is open anytime! I signed up for a Christmas challenge but I want a Halloween one too because that's a little more in the near-foreseeable future! Would love to lose a small pumpkin :wink: Would like to stick with it at the very least! Good luck to everyone!

9/19 SW- 180.8
    GW by Halloween- 171
    What I'm willing to do to lose the weight? - Limit my chocolate/sweets intake
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Fun Halloween costume for party I'm throwing
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- First challenge, but goal is to stick with it!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Checking in with an update

GFreg - Greg
    SW - 370
    CW - 363.3
    GW - 355