Question about calorie goal and zigzagging

Options
MFP has me set to 1500 cal/day for a 1.5lb/week loss. I would like to try calorie zigzagging so I found a calculator and it told me to eat between 1696-2136 for weight loss. Why is there such a discrepancy? My activity level is the same on MFP and the calculator (sedentary). Thoughts?

Replies

• catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am zigzagging my calories, but not using the calorie counter on MFP, I do more extreme ones, so I eat like 700 one day and then my maintenance calories the next so like 2200, and then alternate...(my up calories are based on my exercise) try googling JUDDD and it might help a bit..
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a zigzagging workbook from AggieCass09 on MFP. Haven't used it yet but she's got a whole explanation in there and uses it in conjunction with MFP - might be worth messaging her, I know I can't quite explain what she did!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    my guess would be that your 1500 mfp goal is NET calories, so if you exercise, that would be more like 1700-2000? just a guess.
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    my guess would be that your 1500 mfp goal is NET calories, so if you exercise, that would be more like 1700-2000? just a guess.

Right. But the zigzag calculator did not include any exercise either.

Emdog- thanks! I am friends with her so I will ask her about that.