Why is it....???

Options
That every time I start working out again I always GAIN weight initially?!?! It is so annoying!

Replies

• geeksrule
    geeksrule Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ugh, right there with ya - I have been so afraid of weighing myself so I don't get disappointed. I have been working out consistently for about 4 wks and still am afraid of the scale. I believe that the body retains some of the water to mend the muscle tissue... not sure if that's accurate or not - but something i heard. Good Luck!!!
  • Hurrricanejane
    Options
    Ugh I did too.
    3lbs!

I say just keep working on it. Eventually it'll pay off.

It's better than gaining inches!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    From what I have heard..changing your workout..you have a bit of water weight gain as your muscles get used to the new workout..Dont worry..if you keep at it..and your muscles..relax a bit..you will drop the weight. I gained 2 pounds changing my workout..but its all good..cause I know its the right thing to change things up..and the weight will drop within 2 weeks..

Dont get discouraged..keep working at it
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I always wondered why that happened. LOL. I'll gain like 5-8lbs and it just stays there for a few weeks, but then all of a sudden i'll lose 12 in less than 7 days and it just never seemed right. Now that I turned 30 i'm just paranoid. HA!