**Lean Cuisine**

Options
So throughout the whole week I have lean cuisine (almost) everyday for lunch at work. I love there food!! As I was sitting here diving into my 300 calorie chicken parmesan with spaghetti noodles I logged on to track my food. This meal was the first thing on my list of "Used Most" under my lunch section!!! As you can tell it is my favorite Lean Cuisine of all. The chicken is soooo good and the spaghetti noodles and sauce are perfecto! I was just wondering is there anyone one else out there handing over buckets of money to the Lean Cuisine company?? Haha and if so what one's are your favorite? I'll enjoy reading your posts as I’m eating my Lean Cuisine! :) Have a Healthy day everyone!

Added: Which ones have you tried and HATED?!!!

Replies

• Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have a freezer full of turkey dinners! I can't belive they can do that for 290 calories!
  • Renise01
    Renise01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Pasta Romano w/bacon! I love it so much I've attempted to recreate it at home - Not there yet but I think I'm close!! I also love the new "snacks" Particularly the chicken taquito things (can't recall the name right now but they're yummy!) I should have bought stock in LC for as much as I spend!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm a lover of these meals, especially the Chicken Enchiladas Suiza. I could eat that all day!!! :)

And when I want to be bad, I get the Tuna Casserole dinner, add some hot sauce, and a sprinkle of low fat mozzarella cheese.

LOVE THEM!!!!!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried that one yet!! i was a little iffy about the stuffing... But if your freezer is full of it then i might have to give it a go. :) Thanks for sharing!
  • haircrazie016
    haircrazie016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat lean cuisines everyday. I know its not the best for me considering the sodium and often times the sugar is outrageous! But I am still not confident in myself to cook healthy foods and not over indulge. With the lean cuisines, smart ones, lean pockets, what have you, I eat one and i know its the right portion and its easy for me to log and keep track of.

I do definitely enjoy them though, so its a big plus. my favorite is lean cuisine chicken with lasagna rollatini! So good! :)
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    I love Lean Cuisine. I mostly eat the one's with turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, fettucine, etc. I tend to buy the same kinds over and over again.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i'm going to try than i'm all for fast easy low calorie and i will let you know later what i think is the best
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    My favorite is the Pasta Romano w/bacon! I love it so much I've attempted to recreate it at home - Not there yet but I think I'm close!! I also love the new "snacks" Particularly the chicken taquito things (can't recall the name right now but they're yummy!) I should have bought stock in LC for as much as I spend!

Haha no kidding!!! I should have done the same! I love that one tooo. The bacon is so good. and i love me some bow tie noodles!
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I like the cheese ravioli and usually have it around once a week. I have tried others but they never come out right or I just don't like them. But the cheese rav is the best! I like to add a vegetable side to it and a small piece of bread and it's a good meal.
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was totally addicted to those things! They are too easy!! :-D

I don't eat them anymore- not for any particular reason other than I don't have much room in my freezer for them.

Only thing- most of those microwave meals have a TON of sodium. A coworker was eating one of those lean/smart meals and lean pockets ever day for lunch and at a regular checkup had really high BP and was 'pre-diabetic'. Her doctor told her they are the worst things and had her stop eating them. Luckily with stopping those and continuing to watch what she ate she overcame those risks!

We were all shocked that it would have such an effect!

Even knowing this I'm guilty of eating them- like you said- they're are delish! and at times you can't beat throwing something that good into your bag on a busy morning!
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    As far as favorites--- anything mexican!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    I'm a lover of these meals, especially the Chicken Enchiladas Suiza. I could eat that all day!!! :)

And when I want to be bad, I get the Tuna Casserole dinner, add some hot sauce, and a sprinkle of low fat mozzarella cheese.

LOVE THEM!!!!!

Whaat?? I didn't even know they had a tuna casserole. I would love to try that. Maybe i can order some online...
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    I eat them for lunch as well because they are low calorie and easy to pop in the microwave. Plus, they're really not that expensive when you compare the $2 to however much you were spending eating out prior. I work at a mall so it reduces all temptation of the food court is about 1/3 the price! They aren't the best of course but they're a lot better than what I was eating and I'm currently too lazy to make something more than a pb&j for lunch and I'm burned out on those anyway, haha.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i eat lean cuisines when DP works away, saves having to cook, and i don't have to think about it and calories and ingredients for the week. i don't love them, but sometimes i get so sick of cooking, that it's a nice break.
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I had a lean cuisine pizza for lunch today :)
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    I was totally addicted to those things! They are too easy!! :-D

I don't eat them anymore- not for any particular reason other than I don't have much room in my freezer for them.

Only thing- most of those microwave meals have a TON of sodium. A coworker was eating one of those lean/smart meals and lean pockets ever day for lunch and at a regular checkup had really high BP and was 'pre-diabetic'. Her doctor told her they are the worst things and had her stop eating them. Luckily with stopping those and continuing to watch what she ate she overcame those risks!

We were all shocked that it would have such an effect!

Even knowing this I'm guilty of eating them- like you said- they're are delish! and at times you can't beat throwing something that good into your bag on a busy morning!

Ouch!!! I guess its a good think i don't eat them on the weekends. :laugh:
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    how are these on sodium?
    I dont eat frozen meals anymore, the meat always taste fake to me
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of the chicken parm too! :D And I also love the cheesy broccoli and potatoes, apple cranberry chicken, roasted honey chicken < has sugar snap peas in it :D yum yum both of those can tend to be on the sweeter side tho, loved the chicken with almonds, the cheese ravioli was good..

I've had the Broccoli Cheddar Dip with Pita Bread wasn't a big fan of it but it was okay.

My mom is a huge fan of the glazed turkey tenderloins, she says the stuffing is really good in those.

Also one meal I REALLY love if your store carries it you should try, it's sesame chicken by Michelina's. It's carried at my walmart as well as my local grocery store. At walmart they are only ONE DOLLAR. Compared to some lean cuisine's can run up $3-4 apiece.. And it is just as delicious to me. And only 260 cals a box? Sometimes I add some extra green beans to bulk it up but it's a steal at only a dollar lol http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/michelinas/lean-gourmet-sesame-chicken Just make sure it's the lean version, apparently there is a non lean version too :D
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    I eat them for lunch as well because they are low calorie and easy to pop in the microwave. Plus, they're really not that expensive when you compare the $2 to however much you were spending eating out prior. I work at a mall so it reduces all temptation of the food court is about 1/3 the price! They aren't the best of course but they're a lot better than what I was eating and I'm currently too lazy to make something more than a pb&j for lunch and I'm burned out on those anyway, haha.

OMG i would have the hardest time working at the mall with the food court! Great job on your dedication! and i eat them for all the same reasons!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    I had a lean cuisine pizza for lunch today :)

MMM i love the pizza. Although if you cook it to long and the crust gets super hard then its a real downer! like "i wasting 340 calories on this?!" :laugh: