how long until it becomes lifestyle (new job)

Options
So I got a new job that goes perfectly with my new healthier lifestyle. I've been in dog training for 2 years, and just recently became a dog walker with one of the most popular dog walking companies in the area, I am slowly building a client base but as it stands now I am already averaging 2-3 hours in walks, plus extra travel by bike or kick scooter. (which i've been entering as skateboarding, since i figured its close enough, right??)

I've been entering it all as cardio, but I know soon enough, it will just be considered an active lifestyle as opposed to exercise, right??

How long does it take to be considered no longer real exercise but just an active lifestyle? And how long should I wait to actually change my settings from sedentary to active??

also, when I enter everything now I am burning 700-1,000+ calories, theres just no way i can eat it all back, how low can my net calories be without it being bad for me? I am morbidly obese which i am pretty sure makes a difference, I'm 5'6 and 260lbs...

thanks everyone!

Replies

• haircrazie016
    haircrazie016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kissiefish
    Options
    Wish I had the answer for you. If you are worried about not being able to eat back the calories, I'd change it now and see what it does for you. FANTASTIC job, by the way, if you are ever in Tennessee I have a golden and a husky/lab that would LOVE to walk with you. LOL.
  • haircrazie016
    haircrazie016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks Kissie! ;)

bumping again....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you will probably have to mess around with your calorie allowance for a few weeks till u to a level thats enough food, but still enables you to lose weight.

I would change your activity level, and see how many calories that gave you to start with? Then maybe log half of the walking to eat back? even though you are big, you shouldnt really net less than 1000 cals.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I'm no fitness expert, but my advice is to focus mostly on the diet and don't worry about tracking the exercise.

The exercise is good, and good for you, and does indeed contribute to your calorie deficit. The only real reason to worry about going too low on calories is that you can push yourself into starvation mode. But when you have so much weight to lose, you are probably going to lose like crazy no matter what you do.

Eat what you can, but don't go over your calorie goal, and you will be losing weight.

Steve