NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!!

Options
Hi all

I just joined the site last night & thought YAY, love how I can put in my food intake & exercise intake & this site works it out for me. I also like the fact that from what I can see I haven't been eating enough :happy: I am a mum of 3 kids, 35 yrs old & have finally decided that enough is enough & I am taking back the control of my body & letting the skinny b#tch out, lol. I have a walking buddy who is helping me, I also have a group I chat to on Facebook about it & now I have this site too, where I am sure I will find some inspiring stories to help me along when I may want to give up. Anyway I have told a few friends about this site so hopefully I will have some friends join me on here soon too. Look forward to chatting & getting to know some of you & I wish you all the best with your journey, LETS DO THIS THING!

I bit of history about me to let you know my struggle about this silly food/diet thing.

Over the years I have gone up & down with my weight, I am at the heaviest I have ever been in my life, minus when I am pregnant,lol. My problem is admitting that I am to blame for where I am today & no one else, as I do like to find excuses & shift the blame where I can. I have a thyroid condition which makes it harder for me to lose the weight but not impossible it might just take longer for me to see the results.

A few years ago I lost my brother & sister in a car accident & that shook my world upside down, I actually got into fitness & tried to put all my energy in being active then I realized I hadn't grieved properly & I was trying to push through the pain without dealing with it. I talk openly about my brother Josh & sister Samantha coz they were a part of my life & I miss them dearly. Anyway when I lost my mojo for exercise I turned to food & too excuses of why my weight was going up, nothing to do with what I was putting in my mouth & that I wasn't doing any physical activity anymore. No No the clothes are just being made smaller & my food intake hadn't changed but of course it had. I was eating my pain instead now!

Anyway this year I went through finding out who my real friends were & discovered I don't need to be a people pleaser anymore & I only need to surround myself with sincere & honest people from now on who make the time for me not just me making the time for them. Last week this came to a big blow out with 1 particular friend & I have released the sh#t that was weighing me down & I have taken control back of my life.

I have started exercising with small goals in mind but I have already achieved more in the last 11 days when I started this journey & last week just gave me more motivation if anything. So I am loving being active again can feel the difference in my personal being & my mental being also. I will continue to be more self motivated & positive & remember I am only doing this for myself.

There was this quote that I read which woke me up "If you keep finding excuses you don't want it enough" for some reason that just rang true for me & made me see & decide YES I do want it enough.

Thanks for taking the time to read my lil intro, sending positive vibes out to you all & wishing you much luck with your progress!

Melissa (New Zealand)