Need to Talk

...so I worked about 12 hours today, went to school for 2 hours, spoke with my husband and daughter while on my way home and everything was fine. Less than 10 minutes later when I walked in the door it was WW3. My daughter is 18 and she and her father had a battle involving a cell phone (I still don't have a clear picture of what happened), which ended with my daughter leaving and going to my son's for the night and my husband going to bed pissed off. So, I immediately went to the kitchen to find something to eat. I made a bowl of ice cream, covered in chocolate chips and whipped topping, thought about it for a minute, dumped the whole thing down the drain and sat down to type. It is virtually impossible to eat ice cream with both hands on the keyboard. So, thank you for being here everybody. You just saved me a ton of calories and hours of guilt!

Replies

• rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    ...so I worked about 12 hours today, went to school for 2 hours, spoke with my husband and daughter while on my way home and everything was fine. Less than 10 minutes later when I walked in the door it was WW3. My daughter is 18 and she and her father had a battle involving a cell phone (I still don't have a clear picture of what happened), which ended with my daughter leaving and going to my son's for the night and my husband going to bed pissed off. So, I immediately went to the kitchen to find something to eat. I made a bowl of ice cream, covered in chocolate chips and whipped topping, thought about it for a minute, dumped the whole thing down the drain and sat down to type. It is virtually impossible to eat ice cream with both hands on the keyboard. So, thank you for being here everybody. You just saved me a ton of calories and hours of guilt!
  • Just hang in there. Drink some water or exercise if you can. Tomorrow will be better.

Bevy
  • good for you! very proud and inspirational to the rest of us who emotionally eat!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Good for you!

Trust me. Food is not worth it. It IS our friend but isn't there to "comfort" us and you just took one more step into getting away from that.

Life does get hectic and tough. Just don't let it derail all your hard work. You would only feel worse in the end.

Take care!! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    GOOD FOR YOU!
    I couldn't bare to watch a full bowl of ice cream go down the drain!:grumble: :grumble:
    YOU'VE GOT WILL POWER!!!
    YEAHHHH! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Just go to bed!
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Sending hugs your way. I understand, I've been there. Tomorrow will be better. Use your energy in a positive way. You can do it:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    It's great that you turned to here instead of the ice cream!
    I hope tomorrow things get sorted out and the day is better for you.

I know it doesn't help but I've been there and it does get better.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    wow - you are my hero! :flowerforyou: what willpower! next time i go for something i shouldnt have i am going to imagine ice-cream down the drain. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    WOW.....now I'm really really impressed with that...I dont know that I could have done that. GOOD FOR YOU!!! I'm glad you came here. That'skind of why I'm here too...there are these stupid freaking powdered doughnuts that I'm about to freak out on...
  • Remember the fight will be over tomorrow. Every 18 yr old girl grows up and gets over herself, every husband feels better after a good night of pouting. But can you name me one woman who feels truly better after drowning her stress in garbage food?

I am so impressed and amazed that you threw the ice cream down the sink.. You may have turned to us for help,but really, you've helped US by showing us how to be strong.

And I would like to be one of the many to say "Thank You"
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    as the captain of the black team I should say I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU!! WAY TO GO!!!! I to have had one of these battles with food and won it! I give you a great big thumbs up because I know how hard it was to not eat that ice cream!!!
  • 4real
    4real Posts: 72 Member
    It gets better tomorrow, congrats!! on the will power and Just hang in there.