Alway hungary

Options
2»

Replies

• _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I went o Hungary for 2 weeks when I was 17.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I would like to point out that my travel agent tried to get me to go to Hungary once..it is actually not a 3rd world country like I thought..it is old world though with a certain charm to it.

but if you are HUNGRY then eat more fiber and complex carbs.

This was not made to be a jerk..just to illustrate the difference a simple letter can make in the busy life we all have, trying to type.

Oh my goodness! I can't believe I spelled HUNGRY wrong! Misspelling words is one of my biggest pet peeves and I'm always correcting everone else around me when they do. Thanks for the correction ;)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I would try being slovakia for a while.

:flowerforyou:

Czech Please!

Hahaha. Win!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    the kashi granola bars work for me. They are pricey so I eat 1 bar out of the 2 in a pack
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions! Apparently I am so HUNGRY that I can't spell :blushing:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions! Apparently I am so HUNGRY that I can't spell :blushing:

+100 for having a sense of humor
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options

totally
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese really fills me up and has tons of protein.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I watched a program that explained that water doesn't stay in the stomach very long, but soup does...

However, I believe we shouldn't trick our bodies too much. It makes sense if you're a little hungry while losing. My body tells me loudly if my calories are low, and if I want to lose I just have to put up with it! Now that I'm maintaining I do know when I'm full, but if I'd got used to tricking myself, I'm not sure I would.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have learned that the best bang for the calorie buck (380 calories) and keeps me satisfied till dinner is a subways 6 inch sandwich. I usually get a sweet onion chicken teriyaki on wheat toasted no cheese, everything on it except for onions. Co-worker just tried it and he said he is hooked.
    That sweet onion sauce is to DIE for! (And I don't like onions either.)
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    Broccoli, squash, sweet potatoes, polenta, yogurt and beans fill me up.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I would try being slovakia for a while.

:flowerforyou:

:laugh:
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, and fibrous veggies etc

Also soup it's been proven keeps you full longer

I also think this is a great article http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-520--13589-2-1-2,00.html

If you are operating at a calorie deficit sometimes you are going to be hungry. It won't kill you.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    power bars

Not if they've got too much sugar....

....watch you sugar intake, BOTH sugar and artificial sweeteners INCREASE YOUR APPETITE.
    Track sugar for a while and learn how much manufacturers hide sugar in what is sold as "healthy food"
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Here's something to consider as well. It's OK to be hungry. Being hungry does not mean we need to run to the cupboard and satisfy our need as if we'll die if we don't. I'm telling myself to be OK with hunger once in awhile. I think we are so used to not wanting to feel the least little bit of comfort that we go overboard fixing things.
  • Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I feel if you are hungary you should eat. Now what you eat is a totaly different subject. I am almost %90 fruit/veg. I like to make whole food smoothies after I work out.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?? Lots of people here seem to be on 1200 cals and if you are exercising you really need to to eat more than that.
    So, it might be as simple as incresing your daily calorie allowance and then meeting it by adding extra (healthy) food.

If that's not it, then try different kinds of food and spacing your food differently during the day. I find that if I don't have a good breakfast and am hungry in the morning then even after I eat, I seem to be MORE hungry later in the day.
    So, for me, eating well first thing works best as controlling my hunger for the whole day. You might find something different but it's worth experimenting.

PS. thanks everyone for the giggle and thanks OP for taking it well!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

Yay! Refreshing change of pace not to get bent out of shape with a little poking in fun. Very cool.

Another vote for cottage cheese. It's relatively cheap, a good source of protein, and you can find it almost anywhere. When I traveled recently, I got some and stocked the hotel fridge. It's one of the more filling snacks I can think of for the calories it "costs."
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i like a bowl of oatmeal in the morning, with some fruit and nuts mixed in with it. good carbs, and helps me stay full up until lunch time, at least.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Here's something to consider as well. It's OK to be hungry. Being hungry does not mean we need to run to the cupboard and satisfy our need as if we'll die if we don't. I'm telling myself to be OK with hunger once in awhile. I think we are so used to not wanting to feel the least little bit of comfort that we go overboard fixing things.
    Also... THIS ^^^

Being hungry is a trigger for a lot of us. It means different things. I can get absolutely FREAKED out when I'm hungry. Sometimes it is legitimate - I do start having problems when blood sugar is low. But many times I am simply so used to the habit of stuffing my face that I associate every twinge of hunger as a signal to insert more food in my face hole. It's really not a good habit.

One of the few (only?) positive things I took from the times I did Master Cleanse was dealing with hunger differently. It helped me see food as an energy source and I was able to tell the difference between being HUNGRY - where my body is truly needing some fuel, and being hungry - where I really want a giant bag of potato chips.