Sugar

Options
What is the easiest way to NOT be so addicted to sugar? I love anything sugary. It's like I crave it. SO, What do you do to NOT eat sugar?

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Try eating natural sugar in fruit. Or eat nuts which are satiating.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Go cold turkey for a while. Fill up on protein and drink lots of water to keep you feeling full. Eventually the cravings fade.

If I have to go cold turkey, I try not to have anything that's sugary and processed in my house. Fruit I allow, although some people wouldn't.
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    Just eat some and count it. I eat whatever I want, I just log it. If you try not to eat it at all you will crave it more.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I switched from processed sugary terribleness to just eating lots of fruit. It satisfied my sugar cravings. I still eat MORE sugar than I should, but way less than I used to.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Just eat other stuff instead. When you crave something sweet, go for fruit (pineapple is really satisfying for a sweet tooth!). And make many of your snacks fruits, veggies, or whole grains bread. Your tastes will actually change over the course of a couple of months!
  • lisamerida
    lisamerida Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I will see what I can do. I notice when I go over on my sugar on MFP I don't lose, so I know it is my problem. I try to eat more fruits, but I like the ones with sugar. I love love love the red grapes and banana's, pineapple is one of my favorites. The thing I am addicted to right now is peanut butter and jelly, no bread. It's like I can't stop eating it. Oh well, I will do better tomorrow. Thanks everyone.