Today is day one!

Options
My name is Kelley and my friend told me about myfitnesspal about 2 hours ago while we were working out and I was complaining (as usual) about how I look. I have tryed pills, vitamins, and diets where you only eat cottage cheese and nothing has worked. This past summer I gained another 10 pounds and it just makes me feel terrible about myself. I am hoping this will help me get and stay motivated to make better decissions for myself and ultimately help me lose weight!! I am 21 and nearing 200 lbs and deffinately not where I want to be

Replies

• Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You're gonna love it, Kelley. I've only been here two weeks (as of tomorrow) and have found the tools to be great and the people to be even better.

Best of luck! :)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kelley, it is a really great site x Good luck on your journey x
  • heather_morales
    Options
    hi and welcome. this is a great place to be. try not to think of it as a diet but more of a lifestyle change. just stick to your goals and you will lose the weight in no time. add me if you like :)
  • jbmbarr
    Options
    Hi Kelley - - I am a newbie too.. on Day 5 - I feel really good - this system is holding me very accountable for every bite I take! I love that it reminds me to drink the water too... I am not moving as much as I should be, but when you see the calories come off it makes you WANT to move!!
    The part that threw me off in the first few days was that I had been counting calories but not counting the fat.. and oh boy that racked up quick!!
    Good luck to you - - I am approaching my 44th birthday on Wednesday - and can no longer weigh 185 on a 5'1" frame so this is my gift to me!
  • NorthernCally
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I joined about 2 weeks ago and still cannot get over how supportive and encouraging everyone is! You can add me if you want. I wish you good determination on this journey!