Pilates exercises - Just starting out. . .

Options
Hi, today is my 1st day - looking for exercises that work - some of my skinny friends do pilates all the time and one has a pilates machine. I'm going to work out with her and check it out. Have never done it before though. Have been using Wii Fit for strength training and yoga, has helped me trim up in the past, when I do it regularly. . I know I need to exercise more, well actually get moving again, so I'm hoping all of you will motivate me with your success stories!

Replies

• soulyo
    Options
    you should look up 'blogilates' or 'pop pilates' on youtube! cassey is an amazing instructor and her vids always feature hit songs. she also has cardio and recipe vids too.

hope you enjoy! :)
  • Dwilliams306
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I recently checked NetFlix and they had an old Pilates DVD from The Method. Jennifer Kries is the instructor, very good for beginning. I've got in on order to rent it so I can start Pilates again. I also have a JP Pilates machine, really like it, but unfortunately its in storage until I get moved. Pilates and Yoga are both great for building strength and gaining flexibility. Good luck on your journey!
  • Dwilliams306
    Options
    Thanks, I'll see what I can find on the cable channel Exercise TV to do too.
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I like this method video too!