HI and thyroid question

Options
Hi, I am sorta new here. Been tracking my food and noticed that I am more conscience of what I am eating now. Lots of food that I have been eating is way too high in calories and I would never have guessed it!! Mindless eating for me is a thing of the past.

Anyone on here have thyroid biopsy?? I had one done today....and it was not very pleasant. It wasn't painful, just felt extremely weird and now my neck, head and shoulders are sore. Prob cause Dr told me not to move or talk and the one nodual that he needed to biopsy was in a bad place and highly risky area. I was scared so I didn't move at all. Anyone else have a story to share??

Replies

• wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My mom just had a huge abscess on her thyroid and was very very sick for weeks until they figured out what it was (from the infection)...she is better now after they put in a drain for a few days but they say there is a nodule they want to look at in 6 weeks when everything else heals..from the research I've done nodules are pretty common and not usually serious ..good luck :)
  • paulamunch
    paulamunch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have had a thyroid biopsy - its not fun because they are sticking needles in your neck! Make sure your doctor is familiar with the thyroid and everything around it. You will be fine.
    I ended up getting half my thyroid taken out and all is well>