Embarassing Situps

Options
:embarassed:

Ok. I have a weak abdonimal wall (according to the doctors) and I leak sometimes when I do situps. How do I get stronger so that stops?

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    do Kegel excercises, I figured I could give you the name and you could look it up.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Keegles.
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Do you mean a weak pelvic floor? If so, do Kegels. You can google it.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Kegel exercises...Talk to your doctor, or google how to do them.... :flowerforyou:
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    No really useful advice, here... Make certain that you are empty, first -- do them in private, and maybe use a liner? :( I suspect that doing the situps is pretty much HOW you are going to get stronger (or doing body-curls -- leg-curls and sit-ups, simultaneously). Good luck!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Or maybe they are googles, and you can keegle it on line to see what they are... (sorry, my keepers have said its time for me to get off line now)
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Kegals would help this sort of thing? And proper kegals, where you don't squeeze your bum cheeks together, just the pelvic muscle.. when you do kegals correctly you're to draw your tummy in and pelvic floor muscles up and together to strengthen all those muscles... you can do kegals any time, any where. When I was pregnant the midwives suggested putting sticky-dots in random places around the house so when we saw them we'd remember to do kegal holds.

I have weak pelvic floor muscles just because - I blame frequent urinary tract infections for mine (then add 2 kids to the mix and it's shot) I've found that mine improves simply through exercise, because I'm rotten at remembering kegals :p
  • LolaVaantz
    LolaVaantz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Kegal excercises. The fun muscles that help start and stop your urine flow that they have pregnant woman practice with and aid in orgasm.

So, do drills while you urinate and start and stop the flow like turning off and on a faucet. Build up amount of time and control and it will help some, there is a point though where even the kegals aren't enough and you'll probably just want to empty your bladder as much as you can before working out or wear a panty shield to catch any dribbles. If it really bugs you see your doctor, there is actual medicine for this,but i'd try working the fun muscles first.

No, I don't know how many calories this burns! eheheheheheeh
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Yes. Good idea. I should have thought of that. I just have my wonderful two children to thank. :)
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Do they count if you do them when....well...ehhh nvm....:blushing:
  • Purplepeater
    Purplepeater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If talk to your doctor before doing sit ups/crunches. I recently had an appointment due to a weak pelvic floor problem. I was advised to do pelvic floor excerises, but told to stay away from sit ups, as when you do these you're actually pushing down on your pelvic floor, making it weaker.
  • Renee3mma
    Renee3mma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This may sound random but my physio told me sucking your thumb helps to strengthen your pelvic floor as it works only the pelvic floor muscle without the incorrect tensing of your bum muscles Working for me anyway!