Short People

Options
13»

Replies

• Nennie725
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and it's rough I started at 272 and I'm down to 170(over a course of three years). The fact that I'm very curvy helps a lot my goal weight is 140. My main concern is my hanging skin.
  • Nennie725
    Options
    Are you having problems with hanging skin?
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Who are you calling short, huh?!!! HUH?!!!

Kidding, yeah, I'm 5'0" :)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Are you having problems with hanging skin?

Yeah I have effing bat wings lol
  • TinyTina2012
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and around 107 lbs right now. I started at 130 and yikes! I looked terrible. I would love, love, love to get down to 100, but will be happy with anything under 105.... I haven't weighed that little since high school!

It's crazy how just 5 pounds will cause me to have to go up or down a pant size. It's also hard seeing other (taller) people losing more in terms of pounds. I just have to remember... little victories! Even seeing the scale go down .5 pound is rewarding. :)
  • elliemay63
    elliemay63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    5' 2" on a good day. 118ish in high school - (my kids think I look anorexic in pictures). got up to 170 - 180 during both pregnancies. Hung out in 130 land for a few years then went up and down from there. Got down to 150 in 2006. But I went up the hill again and landed in the 200s. Started this year at 176 and down to 159 now. Trying to do it slow and steady - no quick fixes! Would love to see 130-135 again but will settle for under 150.
    I like being this height - I have never had to worry about pants being too short!! :laugh:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    im 4'10" and at 124 i had health problems lol.

im 99 right now, but still planning on losing a bit more ^^ so...i won't judge you if ur goal is very low in comparison to normal height ppl. I know how it feels :P
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    I'm also 5 foot and had a baby 5 months ago. I weigh 132 now and have been stuck here for a few weeks now. My goal is 115. Even before I had my daughter I could not lose past 122 for anything. I work out 4-5 days a week and watch my calories but still can't seem to start losing again.

I've been stuck for a few weeks too. Just keep it up. Eventually u should start losing again i think ^^
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    yeahh. i'm not short, but sometimes I compare BMIs (i know BMI is terrible, but idc) with short people... for example my BMI is 19.5 that means if I was 5 foot tall that I would weight 100 pounds! haha yippie! or if I was 5'2" I would weigh 106.5 =] !!

I hate having a higher weight, but I always gotta remember it's because i'm tall :( !!!

I don't think it's a big deal if you're 5 foot at have a goal of 100 pounds-- it's not unhealthy. people don't look at the big picture !

Thank you for being so understanding and sweet :)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 3/4 but I usually just round up to 5 feet. :) I'm currently 152, down from 180, but I still look (and feel) like a beach ball.
  • mdfeller
    Options
    I'm 5', and started at 120. Today I'm back at 113.8, but it fluctuates daily... Somedays is 115, today is almost the lowest I've been, here on MFP. Looking for my next goal at 108, hoping to get down to 100-105, and a size 5. When my husband and I started dating, I was 97. Wouldn't mind being there, in a size 3, but I'm not shooting for that anytime soon. One day at a time.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'8" tall and 108.6lbs (as of right now, it's between that and 112lbs) . I figured out that i am also predisposed to putting on muscle quickly-makes me look like my pitbull; short, stocky, and can run through a wall. I figure if i'm going to weigh what i do ( i work out a LOT) i'm at least going to be built like a brick S***house. :D
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yep, not only am I short but I'm also small framed. 125 on me is chubby. I don't discuss numbers with people because it does sound ridiculous to complain about your weight when you're that size but it's all relative. It's also sounds silly to work so hard to lose 5 lbs but it can make a big difference on me.
  • upsydaisy2011
    upsydaisy2011 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I'm 5ft 1 and people actually think I am lighter than I am. I'm currently 130lbs but would love to get to 119lbs but I don't think that will happen. I'm not a small framed 5ft 1 for example I have big feet/hands. I've also always had muscley legs so I'm never going to be model thin as much as I would like. I know what you mean, I can see every extra lb whereas my husband who is several stones overweight doesn't look as bad as he's 6ft 4 and can carry some extra weight unlike me :(
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    as you can see from my profile pic I am short...5'. I started at 130lbs, the most I have ever weighed. My goal is 110lbs, my most comfortable weight was 108 so I'll be happy to get down there again.

I just started and have no friends so friend me if you want!!
  • xlunins
    xlunins Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm 4 11 and 120lbs and I'm so glad to see others on here who share my problem! I mean obviously it's the same for all short people, but I hate that I put on 5 pounds and it looks like 20. plus it's a lot harder to work it off.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft one and round about 112ish with a goal of maybe 99ish but I don't really get what your frustration is?

We're short so the 120s look fat on us? Yes, they do but the 170s look fat on someone taller? It's just numbers, I don't understand the difference.

Apologies if I've missed your point.
  • newmrswood
    Options
    The frustration is that when your short like us and 120 and wanna lose about 12lbs people worry you have an eating problem, but only cuz to someone taller it would be too small for them. It's not a big deal, was just trying to find people on here who feel the same