Brand new here

Options
I'm Carol, 55 y/o, live in Virginia. I've fought the weight battle all my life, but in 1993, managed to get to a good weight (138) and stayed there for several years. However, by 2005, I'd begun to creep up and up, til I finally was staying around 200 lbs. Then in 2007, I quit smoking and VERY quickly went up to 245! I'm only 5'3 - this is so NOT comfortable!

I've teetered around 240 for the past year, and decided it's finally time to get serious. Women in my family live well into their 80's and 90's and if I'm this heavy and out of shape, and feel this bad at 55, I hate to think what it'll be like at 85!!

January 1st, I weighed myself and started eating right. Lost 4.4 pounds this first week. But I know I always start gung-ho, then peter out in a matter of weeks. So I was looking around for a weight loss ticker, and look what I found. PERFECT!!

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Carol

123938.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

Replies

• Carolsuemac
    Carolsuemac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm Carol, 55 y/o, live in Virginia. I've fought the weight battle all my life, but in 1993, managed to get to a good weight (138) and stayed there for several years. However, by 2005, I'd begun to creep up and up, til I finally was staying around 200 lbs. Then in 2007, I quit smoking and VERY quickly went up to 245! I'm only 5'3 - this is so NOT comfortable!

I've teetered around 240 for the past year, and decided it's finally time to get serious. Women in my family live well into their 80's and 90's and if I'm this heavy and out of shape, and feel this bad at 55, I hate to think what it'll be like at 85!!

January 1st, I weighed myself and started eating right. Lost 4.4 pounds this first week. But I know I always start gung-ho, then peter out in a matter of weeks. So I was looking around for a weight loss ticker, and look what I found. PERFECT!!

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Carol

123938.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    welcome.gif

Hi Carol...glad you've joined us!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    Welcome! You have found a great place to start! I will be 51 in a few months, and changed my evil eating ways just over three months ago. Like you, I am short, and the extra weight is really hard to deal with. I thought I would never get motivated...but now that I am into it for 50lbs...I'm not about to go back to the way I was! Oh, I still plan on eating well...and splurging once in awhile, but I have thrown out all my biggest clothes...cuz I am never goin' back to where I was! <"Cept on my death bed, in which case, I want cheese cakes and potato chips!!!>
    Best to all!:drinker: