RED team 01/09

Options
Thought I'd start a new thread today as I'm always first up because I'm in the UK!!

First of all, many happy returns to natashak! :flowerforyou:

Secondly, my progress for today on the challenges:
swimming a mile later (will take 40 mins) - that is the second of the 5 workouts I need to do within the week
Did 100 sit-ups - first of the 3 strength sessions I need to do
Have never done 100 sit-ups in one go before, so that is also my new thing! :bigsmile:
Have only drunk 3 glasses of my target 12 for water, but it is only 9 am!!

Hope you all have a fabulous day!!

Replies

• shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd start a new thread today as I'm always first up because I'm in the UK!!

First of all, many happy returns to natashak! :flowerforyou:

Secondly, my progress for today on the challenges:
    swimming a mile later (will take 40 mins) - that is the second of the 5 workouts I need to do within the week
    Did 100 sit-ups - first of the 3 strength sessions I need to do
    Have never done 100 sit-ups in one go before, so that is also my new thing! :bigsmile:
    Have only drunk 3 glasses of my target 12 for water, but it is only 9 am!!

Hope you all have a fabulous day!!
  • FoxyLoxy
    FoxyLoxy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Okay - so yesterday...I work overnight so my schedule is a little hectic with the 2 children and little sleep and all so I used up my 45+ minutes of cardio yesterday vigorously cleaning (I only get 1 day off at a time). AND I fixed the leaky toilette - yay for me! :laugh: Ummm....the water challenge. I didn't do so well. At all. But today is a new day and I vow to get all 8 of them in there. I also am planning to do some Billy Blanks today and focus on my abs. I'm also going to pull out the ol' jump rope. But first things first, I need my coffee! :tongue: Everyone have a great day!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    What are billy blanks?! Have done my swim :smile:
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Billy Blanks is like the king of Tae Bo.
    Heart attack inducing fitness routines lol
    I use to have Tae Boxing and never made it past the first 5 minutes. :noway:

Great job everyone!!!!
    I haven't got going yet, but I see I am going to be busy all day keeping up with all of you!

:heart: Go Red :heart:
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Red Team, I am really struggling with the water. I think I can count a glass of water when I drink my Green Tea but what about when I drink English Breakfast (black Tea) I cut down to 1 a day with 1 sugar, 1 milk. I even tried crystal light but can't stand it . . . . any suggestions for someone who hates the taste of water?
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I think any decaffeinated drink counts...so a decaf soda would (sugar-free so it doesn't add cals!) I like herbal hot teas (the fruity kinds!). Good Luck with the water!

I just barely managed to get my water in, but I did. And I did 45 minutes of cardio. I need to get in another 45 today and some weights!

Good luck everyone!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am doing really well. I have walked every day this week and my calories are either right on or right below so I am happy. I cant wait to see the results next week...hopefully! :P Have a good weekend!
  • Bride092909
    Options
    about the water challenge...

I had alot of issues getting my water in so I mix 1/2 sparkling water (soda water) and 1/2 regular with a package of splenda and three drops each of lime and lemon juice....tastes so good!

Hope this helps,

:drinker:
  • FoxyLoxy
    Options

Billy Blanks is like the king of Tae Bo.
    Heart attack inducing fitness routines lol
    I use to have Tae Boxing and never made it past the first 5 minutes. :noway:

Great job everyone!!!!
    I haven't got going yet, but I see I am going to be busy all day keeping up with all of you!

:heart: Go Red :heart:

Hahahaha - I like that "Heart attack inducing fitness routine". I love it though - makes me feel like I could kick some butt :wink: Plus I have had such success with doing it in the past - down 3 pants sizes in 3 months...if I could just get that motivated again!
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice with the water I will definately try those tips~
  • FoxyLoxy
    Options
    Got in my 45+ minutes of cardio -whew! And a personal best...6 cups of water! I feel like my teeth are floating! :tongue:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Newbie here..

Have fit in 4 good cardio workouts at the gym this week and am THRILLED that they are offering new evening classes starting next week.

Also been on top of my water. I use a 16oz water bottle and make myself drink 4 of them a day so I get my 8 cups. Its easier for me to drink it when I think it terms of how many vs how much. I used to work for a bottled water delivery company tho so Ive always been a big water drinker during the day.

What other challenges are there for the week? I cant seem to find it...:grumble:
  • tamlom
    tamlom Posts: 49
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi all TGIF!!!

I won't be doing the workout today, but I drank my water. :drinker:

We'll see what happens tomorow! Did work out Wed and Thurs though so those count for this week.
  • tamlom
    tamlom Posts: 49
    Options
    On the wate issue; Accordng to WW they said if you drink unsweatened teas, add crystal light, or diet tea mix to your water it counts as water as long as there are no calories in it. So here are a few options. Also Club soda or tonic water - :smile:
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to this forum and the Red team and have already found so much motivation and inspiration here! I don't have any trouble getting my water, so I'll have no problem with that part of the challenge. I did 48 minutes of Turbo Jam last night and will do another series tonight. Tomorrow will be a 2 mile walk around a lake near my house and another walk with DH later (hopefully!) My problem is doing the 2 strength training sessions. I've already done one this week (using videos through another website I belong to) but I'm not sure if I have any more scheduled for this week :cry: I just can't get up the energy to do strength on my own, but I'm hoping that will change soon :bigsmile:
  • healthyinponca
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!!

I haven't been on much because of work but i have seen how everyone is motivating each other.
    I have been able to work out three times this week and i have been putting every
    thing in my food diary. I really encourage everyone to use the food diary because it is an eye opener to see it in black and white. I don't usually eat fast food but i did today and it was insane!

Good job everyone,
    Jennifer
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    On the wate issue; Accordng to WW they said if you drink unsweatened teas, add crystal light, or diet tea mix to your water it counts as water as long as there are no calories in it. So here are a few options. Also Club soda or tonic water - :smile:

Thank You!!!!!!
    I'm so happy to know those count as water!!!

That means I'm always getting my quota in! :drinker:

:heart: Go Reds :heart:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oh... BTW.. today when I was at the gym I added on 2lb weighted gloves (cuz Im a clutz and dont wanna drop them on my feet) to my walking routine. I walked half of it with elbows bent like I normally walk when i work out and the other half I alternated between that and curling my arms from my waist to my chest while I walked.

I hit the gym between 1-2 and its now 7:30pm....Holy cow am I feeling it now!! and whats wierd is WHERE i am feeling it! Just below where my bra line where all that backfat is...:laugh: :happy: :laugh:

Its a VERY good feeling!! Not so much painful as it is..."hey you worked me today!!"

YAY!