Flat out NERDIEST thing you love

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    My Scientific American subscription.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Will Wheaton, formerly Wesley Crusher.
    Now he's doing guest shots on BBT and Eureka. He gets to shed to good nerd and go for the sarcastic, self-centered, evil nerd.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Doctor Who and Captain Jack Harkness!!! (in that order) I'll take travelling in the TARDIS over working for Torchwood any day. :P

Yeah, but Captain Jack is DREAMY.

What I would give for The Doctor to take me away in his little blue box! I am such a geek. And Captain Jack might be dreamy, but he's gay, sad face. lol

Captain Jack isn't gay. He's omnisexual. John Barrowman is gay (but he was "too straight" to play Will on "Will and Grace").
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    green bar paper, adding machine, and nasa.gov
  • rbryntes
    Okay people. Knitting (and crochet, and cross stitch, and quilting, and needlepoint, etc.) is NOT NERDY. It's crafty but not nerdy.

When you knit with fiber optic threads to create a light up Tron costume, THAT is nerdy. (I might have done this.) Knitting, etc. on its face is not nerdy.

Nerdier than knitting: singing in a barbershop quartet. (I might do this). Nerdier: singing "The Elements Song" in the barbershop quartet. (I might have done this.)

Oh, re: others people have mentioned:

libraries: this is why I went to library school (I suppose that isn't an unnerdy thing)
    office supplies: this is why I'm a records manager
    anime: who else is upset that Keanu Reeves was cast to play Spike in the Cowboy Bebop movie?
  • rbryntes
    knitting washclothes.

knitting by itself is cool, but knitting washclothes? i should have been born an 80 year old.

Have you seen the washcloths from Kris Knits? They're really cute and a quick, fun knit.

Yeah, I think I have most of them.
  • rbryntes
    Marvel Comics

Note my signature.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Harry Potter. It makes me embarrassed that I am 24 years old and still as obsessed as my 15 year old sister.
  • Chess and um stamp collection I have had since I was a kid...........I have one babe ruth stamp and 27 Prince Charles and Diana stamps.......they are stamped on but I think that is pretty cool in a nerdy way :)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    The War of the World Live on stage :D
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    The way new books smell. And the way libraries smell. Aaaand, the way really old books smell.

Oh yes! I love the smell of books... Telephone books, magazines, newspaper. Always have a good smell before I read.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Anything having to do with geology, volcanology, oceanography, astronomy, and math. Yes, I am a nerd/geek and wear it proudly. :)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    anime: who else is upset that Keanu Reeves was cast to play Spike in the Cowboy Bebop movie?

Has there been anything new said about that? I was kind of just hoping it would never really happen. If it does I may just pretend it didn't anyway. I'm not sure if there is any actor that would make a good Spike though...

Is it nerdy to admit I have a wallscroll of Spike? :bigsmile: :heart:
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    I love scrapbooking! Is that nerdy?
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    this is not going to be a short list, so i will preface that i am a G33K!

i am a sci-fi nerd. i read it, i watch it, i break it down on pages-long meta discussions with my flist on LJ.

i write fanfiction as well as original fiction.

i broke up with one very nice girl and two very nice boys because they called me on the phone when Stargate SG-1 was on. in my defence, they had been warned.

i have every episode of SG1 and the movies on DVD, it takes up more than half of a shelf and i don't care.

i have re-read each of the Harry Potter books at least 4 times and PoA 8 times.

i have dressed up as Mrs. Weasley 3 halloweens.

my dog *points down at tracker* is named Weasley.

I knit.

I do not EVER miss an episode of Doctor Who.

I have action figures for Star Trek... that i keep hidden in the closet so that my nephews won't take them out of the packaging and play with them.

My friends and i play RPGs and Risk online. not on a website, on email. like corrospondance chess.

i really could go on, but i think i've made the point. LOL
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member

That. Is. Hilarious. Nerd Fitness Rebellion :love:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Captain Jack and The Doctor...

I should also add,

I refused to see a guy for a second date because he had never read (or even SEEN) LotR. Just yesterday someone called gollum/smeagol a troll and I had to have a discussion on my wall about how he was a Hobbit and The Ring altered him, but how he very obviously wasn't a troll.

I also watch Dune whenever I'm sick or cranky...
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member

i could stare at that pic all day long. ... ... .. ... .... i'm sorry, what was i saying?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member

i could stare at that pic all day long. ... ... .. ... .... i'm sorry, what was i saying?

Don't worry about, just stare at the pretty. ;)