**~NSV...with a special RING to it~**

Options
Fleur933
Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
Last september I was 50lbs heavier. Last september I was topped out in pant sizes at the 'plus size' stores. Last september...I was a mess.

My bestfriend and her family came to visit and i tried to come up with all kinds of activities for us to do...it being fall, and they from the south , I decided to take them up to the adirondak mountains to do a little climb and see the leaves. We got to the mountain and they were off...and i was AWEFUL. Panting, embarassed, defeated...it was aweful. Though I made it to the top they spent ALOT of time waiting for me. I decided that day that this...was not acceptable. So...after comiting to MFP in february I set a date with my boyfriend to go back and reconquer that same mountain this september.

So yesterday...we went. I got up that puppy in 45 mins! About half the time it took me last year. I soared up the 'fire tower' at the top and saw the amazing 360 view that I missed last year...like I've missed so many things being so big. It was really, for me, such a proud moment! I went racing back down that slope with just joy in my heart and pep in my step...determined to lose more, tone more...be more!

At a little break on the way down my boyfriend gave me even more drive to push....HE PROPOSED! It was just the most amazing icing..on the wonderful day I was having already. The fresh air in my lungs...and such joy in my heart! He told me I was beautiful...and finally admited (though I suspected) that he did want to be stuck with me forever.

I wanted to share my story...and ask for your support! It's a long road ahead MFP pals....but I want to be a beautiful bride...and never to be held back by any mountain I want to climb ever again!!!

Replies

• TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That story ROCKED!!!! Congratulations on everything....your excitement and enthusiasm is palpable even through text. :)
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    I teared up :') That's so sweet, congrats to you both! You're going to be a beautiful bride indeed!
  • silentmalu
    Options
    Congratulations on both successes!! You are an inspiration!
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's such a beautiful story! Congrats :0)
  • ElisaRazz
    ElisaRazz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, Congratulations xx
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful story! You two will be old sitting on rocking chairs on the porch telling your grand babies about when Grandpa proposed! congratulations on your engagement! What a great guy to take notice on what an important day it was goona be for you and what that mountain meant to you. Now it forever will signify so much!
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a wonderful success story! I'm so glad to have you as a friend!
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :drinker: :love:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Nothing will stop you!!
    :flowerforyou: I can't wait to hear all about the Dress Shopping!!
  • anner53108
    Options
    Aw!! Love it! It's like out of a movie or something! Congrats on everything!! :smile:
  • jozzierdgz
    jozzierdgz Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great NSV!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    AWESOME day and NSV! Congratulations!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!!!!! Congratulations on it all!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    daaawwwwww! you rock chica!
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That was so sweet of your bf, I mean fiance.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story!!! Thank you, I had a similar kick in the pants to get me going! You can do this! Congratulations on the engagement! Looking to add more friends, feel free to add me.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Awww brought tears to my eyes :) Wedding dress shopping can be a joy instead of a dread now!
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    Options
    Awwww congrats! best NSV story ever!!!! :-) so happy and excited for you!
  • DelainaB
    Options
    Tears Lilly.....Tears :)
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story! I'm so happy for you!! Congrats on your weight loss and being able to climb that mountain AND congrats on your engagement! thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!