Culture Shock in Dallas

Options
I am kind of new here. I fell off the MFP boat when things got very crazy with my life. So I have recently rejoined.

Now we have moved from Denver to Texas. I suffer from culture shock most of time time. I think I might be the only one in my building who knows what to put out in the recycle bin or uses their bike for transportation.

I was a teacher and now am staying at home for the year with my two girls and working on a healthier lifestyle, including a lower weight!!!

I would love to have some more support here to keep me on track this time!

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Dallas. I love being a stay-home mom, I hope you do too!
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    Welcome to Dallas!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    YES, I went thru the same thing! I moved from Denver to Houston a few years ago. It IS quite an adjustment! Haha, it's true, nobody recycles here. And, if you're like me, you'll really miss the type of outdoors stuff you can do in Colorado but not here. And people don't exercise nearly as much as they do in Colorado. But there are some good things too - cost of living for one.

Welcome to Texas! I hope it works out for you.
  • dlei456
    dlei456 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I do miss Denver a lot- but mostly my people! People here in Texas have been extremely welcoming and kind and my two girls really love it here.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I live in Dallas! Nice to meet you!
  • sal0118
    Options
    I did the same thing moved from Colorado to Dallas for college. Once, I finished I returned to Denver. I am a therapist in the schools. Feel free to add me.