Over/Under

Options
If I was under my calories yesterday by 200 does that mean that today I can go over by 170??? ;-p

Replies

• tatabanana
    Options
    A MFP friend of mine swears by 'zig/zagging' her calories.....So, I would say, "Yes!" :)
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!! lol
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    another vote for yes. seems reasonable
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't pay as close to daily calories as I do to weekly calories. I figure if I'm way over today and way under tomorrow - at the end of the week ... it'll all even out.

Also, like the other poster mentioned - a lot of people swear by zig zagging calories.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I don't pay as close to daily calories as I do to weekly calories. I figure if I'm way over today and way under tomorrow - at the end of the week ... it'll all even out.

I exclusively track over the week. Your metabolism (in terms of fat burning) does not work on a straight 24 hour clock. This does not necessarily justify going over by several thousand on one day and starving yourself for two days, but it does stand to reason that small overs and unders over the course of a week absolutely do even out.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Yes--I've used the zig-zagging method to break plateaus and it works!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes because it is not one day that kills you.... it's being over every day. Zig Zagging calories is good, your body is always guessing. Also vary your workouts and activities..... want all those muscles working well not just the one for one machine.
  • MrsDanese
    MrsDanese Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good information since I have been under every day except for one day since I started dieting last Monday. Plan to finally weigh tomorrow.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Go for the pizza, and do the workout tomorrow trish... we all need a break sometimes! Plus, your body will thank you!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Go for the pizza, and do the workout tomorrow trish... we all need a break sometimes! Plus, your body will thank you!

thank you, I do need a break :)