I have soft tissue damage-what can I do?

Hi Folks,

Long story short, I was in a car accident back in May of this year that resulted in soft tissue damage to my lower back and neck. My neck has since felt better, but my back doesn't sometimes it's just bothersome, other times it's downright unbearable.

I took some time off from the gym, but now it seems any type of activity I do inflames it. I've tried elliptical and treadmill at a low speed, Zumba class, yoga, and water aerobics.

Please help with any suggestions! I'm feeling very frustrated and depressed!!

Thank you.

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    So sorry you are in pain. I'm no doc but I think soft tissue damage needs long term rest. Take it easy and dont rush back to the gym. Maybe your doc could recommend some professional physical therapy.
    I'm sure it is very frustrating. Feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
    Deb
  • Hi, I suggest accupunture with a combo of chiropractic. I had both of these treatments performed by my chiropractor, for soft tissue damage in my lower neck & shoulders & it's really helped me get back to regular activities. What about stretching back on large soft fitness ball ? That might help, i've seen them at my gym.My injury was also from a car accident.:smile: from toughamy
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Try running (and high knees sidestepping etc in the pool). I had hip reconstruction and they had me running in the pool almost as soon as my incisions healed.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    I would ask your doctor about that one. I know that your back and any type of damage to it is something I would get advise from someone no less qualified than a doctor.... but that is just me. Others here may know something that I do not. Good luck to you.
  • lostsoul2216
    lostsoul2216 Posts: 57 Member
    I would get with your doctor on this one.

I wish I knew what to tell you. I know it takes many months for muscles to heal that were torn. Massage therapy helps, but I would get with the doctor for the best treatment.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Ask you doctor for a referral to a physiotherapist to get specific advice for your particular injury. You don't want to risk agravating it.