30 Day Shred HELL

Options
OMG I started the 30 DS yesterday and I feel like my legs are Jello and I look funny walking because my legs are so darn sore. I am trying to get the courage to do Day 2. How long does this pain last?? Any suggestions on how to work through it?? HELP, any advice from those who have done this before. I know it gets easier, I just need to know when and I want to walk normal again!!!

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Keep doing it! It gets better.

Walk it out if you have time.

Oh yeah, and avoid stairs. :D
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Are you so sore that it hurts to sit on the toilet? Now that's sore! It gets easier. Just don't be too sedentary or you'll tighten up even more.
  • sirmio
    sirmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Make sure to eat enough protein or it can last several days.
  • cortycrazy
    cortycrazy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    it will get easier with time :) i agree with walking it off! lol you have to keep going b/c if you don't, you'll be back in the same boat when you start up again! just keep pushing through that's the best thing to do. best of luck to you!
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I did Day 1, took a 15 minute break and then did Day 2. Yeah, I was a little sore the next day...lol
  • theradiantbride
    Options
    The second day was the hardest for me, and then it just seemed to lessen. :)
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I took me about 3 days to get back to normal...i just couldn't do day 2 right after day 1...now I feel so good when I workout to 30DS. Keep at it, it will get better! :)
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    OMG I started the 30 DS yesterday and I feel like my legs are Jello and I look funny walking because my legs are so darn sore. I am trying to get the courage to do Day 2. How long does this pain last?? Any suggestions on how to work through it?? HELP, any advice from those who have done this before. I know it gets easier, I just need to know when and I want to walk normal again!!!

I did day 2 yesterday and I was walking like a cripple all day lol it was kind of funny. I am taking a rest day today except for some yoga cuz well I need help just sitting down or I fall so I dont see how i can do some squats lol. We are in this together me and you :)
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I had to take a break for a couple days between day 2 and 3 but then felt fine after that.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I took a 3 day break after my first crack at it, then I tried it again, pain not so bad, after a bit of dabbling I am doing it consistently, no pain any more, nothing like that first run through, that was BRUTAL. Along with protein and walking, try stretching.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 days to recover from day 1 (stupid me used 5 pound weights :tongue:) I almost fell over on the train because it jerked and I couldn't move my legs fast enough. Going to the bathroom was hell.

I am going to do it again tomorrow - with no weights - I may do all 10 days of level one without weights and then repeat it with weights because I CAN'T get that sore again because I ride horses and it really screwed up my training schedule.
  • Lotstoluv263
    Options
    Yes even sitting on the toilet is hard, I almost have to plop down....not a pretty site...lol. I also grunt, I walked for 30 minutes today (but I know I looked hella funny doing it). I go to bed late and this is usually my workout time.....I am trying to get the nerve to get up and do it. Just getting up is a chore!!! Am I just that out of shape?? or does everyone feel like I do??
  • Koketa0510
    Options
    It gets easier I swear I swear. I have lost 10pds doing the 30DS. Stopped because apparently my ankles are weak ( or maybe I am just saying that because now I have an elliptical and prefer doing that hehehe). But it does get easier. It got easier for me on day 3 and I also made LOTS of funny noises from the pain and soreness I was in.
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    You need to do way more stretching at the end than she does, that will help heaps
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    When I did/ do 30DS it has never hurt my legs... but I am very fit and used to lots of circuits/ home workouts. I'm just curious as to what it is that is the cause of so much leg pain? I often see people post about it on here and always wondered!
  • lostsoul2216
    lostsoul2216 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Forgive me for asking this, but what is the 30 ds?

It looks to be one of the most intense things out there and out of my league by a long shot.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Forgive me for asking this, but what is the 30 ds?

It looks to be one of the most intense things out there and out of my league by a long shot.

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

DVD workout consisting of 3 20 min circuits (each 3 x 3 min strength, 3 x 2 mins cardio, 3 x 1 min abs). It is NOT out of your league - it's only 20 mins. Sure it can be tough, but that's the point of a 20 min workout!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    When I did/ do 30DS it has never hurt my legs... but I am very fit and used to lots of circuits/ home workouts. I'm just curious as to what it is that is the cause of so much leg pain? I often see people post about it on here and always wondered!

For me it is the crouching with weight, then jumping, then crouching with weight again, then more jumping. Lower calf muscles especially, so much lactic acid. Personally find myself unfazed by the cardio. Maybe there is something you do day to day that strengthened the relevant leg muscles.
  • jooles0
    Options
    I did day 2 yesterday and my thigh muscles hurt like hell today but I worked much harder than I did on day 1.

I do love that's its only 20 mins though so the end is always in sight!
    I just need a kick up the butt to stick with it as I kinda suck at that LOL

Please add me so we can share our experiences of it and motivate til the end :)
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    If your legs are in that much pain, have you tried doing the modified versions of the moves? Also, you may want to strecth your legs out more before and after the workout than she does in the video.