Just Sending Out a Big Wave To Everyone on MFP

Options
Hiya All,

I've been on MFP since July, but it is only in this month that I have made the firm decision to take my eating habits seriously.

My story until now follows like so...

Back in September 2006, I weighed over 26st (the scales gave up on measuring me past that weight, so I had to guesstimate that my peak weight was nearer 27 stone).

Horrified by a potential future as a shut in (I struggled to walk even for a few minutes from my house), I actually decided to tackle my weight problem for the first time (I had always been obese, even as a child).

I lost over 11 stone, over a period of 3 to 4 years, simply by calorie counting and sticking to 1600 calories a day (I kept a basic excel sheet on my computer, tracking everything that I ate).

By early 2010, I felt active enough to join a gym... and it was great! I went everyday, started jogging and weight training. I didn't lose much weight (maybe another half a stone) but I put on muscle as my body started to reshape.

Ever since then, I have upped my exercise to 60-90 mins a day, (Jogging, Cycling and Weight Training) and have stuck to it ever since without fail. However, I allowed my clean eating habits to slip and didn't stick to a low calorie diet (although surprisingly, I still always kept my food diary, jotting down everything I eat, regardless of what I ate; so that habit is still with me).

I am confident that now I have re-dedicated myself to actually watching what I eat (instead of merely recording it) the weight will drop off me again.

So here I am... eating cleaner and more balanced (40/40/20), still sticking to my exercise regime (I love outdoors cardio) and tracking my calories using the MFP ipod app (its brilliant! Much better than excel).

Check out my profile if you'd like to see my before (Denim Jacket September 2006) and after (September 2011) pictures...

Replies

• Musicgrl4life
    Options
    WOW! that is amazing you have lost so much weight! way to go!! It's really inspiring.

Keep up the awesome work!
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, such an inspirational story for us all. Well done!