Jeans. . . for athletic build??

Options
Hey everyone!
Just want to know if anyone has found a good brand of jeans that fit an athletic build better? Or any pants for that matter...

I just bought another pair of Khaki for work and, I really, really could go down about 2 sizes in the waist! It's not my hips, BUT... My thighs are muscular and I always have to buy the bigger size to fit :(

This definitely doesn't help for motivation.
So, if you have more of an athletic build, what's your favorite pair/brand?

Thanks so much!

Replies

• Suzieqt81
    Suzieqt81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I can relate in every way...not only do my thighs build more muscle and easier than any other part of my body but they are very broad...assuming thighs can be broad lol...so any ideas would in fact be much appreciated....
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem :( Unfortunately, you have three options: Spend a ton of money on made-to-fit pants, bring them to a tailor, or buy some really fantastic belts. I don't really love any of the options, but for the time being, it's belts for me.
  • FurryandGrowly
    FurryandGrowly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dear Jennifer,

Sadly if we have bodies that don't align with the cookie cutter patterns clothing manufactueres have have developed for their clothes perhaps such as yours. If you are happy with muscular thighs (and who wouldn't be) I would by clothes that fit in the critical measurements and find a good seamstress to take in the waste.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Just want to know if anyone has found a good brand of jeans that fit an athletic build better? Or any pants for that matter...

I just bought another pair of Khaki for work and, I really, really could go down about 2 sizes in the waist! It's not my hips, BUT... My thighs are muscular and I always have to buy the bigger size to fit :(

This definitely doesn't help for motivation.
    So, if you have more of an athletic build, what's your favorite pair/brand?

Thanks so much!

I hate this too but I stopped worrying and wear baggy pants instead
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I find great luck with "curvey" fit jeans at Ann Taylor Loft and Banana Republic fit me awesome, but I'm still curvey. Never shop in the juniors section of a store, it's so discouraging, when they fit in the legs the waist band is 8 sizes too big, it's redunk. Also, lucky brand are awesome. Also, a looser fitting leg or trouser jeans (which everyone seems to be making this season) may work well.
  • cnegbuonu
    cnegbuonu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have same issue. I like Joe's Jeans, but it can be pretty expensive. I usually get it from Nordstroms Rack.
  • morenita71
    morenita71 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have various clothing issues but this is not one of them! BUT I have seen adverts for Levis Curve and there are three different styles depending on your hip/waist ratio...might be worth investigating. And maybe "boyfriend" cuts or slouch jeans suit being belted up (which might not work as well for skinny fit or bootcut styles). Or check out this website and see what it recommends. Good luck and well done on weight loss!

http://bodyshapestyle.com/2008/09/01/the-12-shapes-of-trinny-and-susannah/
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I was at Macy's recently and they had Levi's that were made with different waist fits. I tried on the pair that was supposed to help with gapping waists and they fit perfect! I also like gap long and lean jeans. For work pants I just always buy wide leg pants so they fit my waist and look strangely tight on my legs.
  • twinlikeme
    twinlikeme Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have always had luck with BKE jeans from Buckle. They're a little pricey, but I have NEVER had a pair fit me so well and last me SO long. I had a pair I spent $70 on but they lasted me 6 years. Even my sister and one of my cousins have had luck with this brand.
  • Karlbarbell
    Options
    Have you seen Barbell Apparel Jeans?! They make jeans for those with muscular legs/butts and they're extremely functional so you never have to worry about ripping your jeans in the crotch ever again. www.BarbellApparel.com!!!!! :smile: