discouraged this morning

hey all i'm kinda discouraged this morning... well actually a lot discouraged! :frown: i got up this morning and put on some pants that are usually a little baggy, but this morning were skin tight! :explode: i was so upset i literally started crying in the bathroom! i thought i had been doing good this week... i have been meeting my calorie goals and working out in the morning including some light strength training. why should i continue to get up at 4am to workout if my pants are just gonna get tighter!!!! :mad:

Replies

• hey all i'm kinda discouraged this morning... well actually a lot discouraged! :frown: i got up this morning and put on some pants that are usually a little baggy, but this morning were skin tight! :explode: i was so upset i literally started crying in the bathroom! i thought i had been doing good this week... i have been meeting my calorie goals and working out in the morning including some light strength training. why should i continue to get up at 4am to workout if my pants are just gonna get tighter!!!! :mad:
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    :embarassed: Okay - so its a rough morning. But its just one morning! :wink:

And pretty soon those 4am wake-up sessions ARE going to pay off. You didn't gain weight and lose definition overnight - and you won't reverse it in one day. But you will reverse it!

And you'll gain new skills in diet & exercise that will last a lifetime, and keep you around a lot longer for all the people who want to keep you in their lives!

Cry right now if you need to get it out of your system; then get right back on the exercise path you're taking and know that that, combined with diet, water and sleep, will tune you body up! And you - will be healthier & happier!!!

:wink: :laugh: :happy:
  • Don't get discouraged. There could be so many reasons why you feel a little bigger today. You could be retaining water, are you watching your salt levels, that will make you bloated. If you've been doing strength training then you'll be building muscle and I always feel my butt sticks out more but it's perter, it's a good thing. The muscles will grow and burn the fat away! You're doing well sticking to your plan, it's hard when you don't see results to keep motivated but the weight will come off, after 6 weeks you'll be really noticing a difference! Stay strong!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    I feel for you! :ohwell: But don't be discouraged! You probably wear your pants "fitted" shall we say (so do I) so a little bit of bloat can make a world of difference.

Know it is normal, will happen from time to time, and keep on going!
    :flowerforyou:
  • I'm having a bad morning too! I actually gained my one lb lost back. And I've been busting butt all week! :grumble:
  • I noticed you just became a member this month, so give yourself some time. You really do have to be patient, otherwise you'll end up throwing in the towel. And also don't try to make too many changes all at once; gradually ease into habit changes. Otherwise, you'll give up. When I started in the beginning of October I didn't weigh in until November 12th, and I continued to wear my looser jeans and slacks. That way, I knew not to get frustrated too quickly. My patience and GRADUAL changes paid off, to my surprise. I had lost I think 6 lbs in that month.
    Remember too that if it's your time of month, expect to gain 5+ lbs of water weight and as a result your jeans will fit more snug.
    Eat all your cals, including your exercise cals, drink your daily waters, and be sure you're logging as accurately as possible ie.) measuring, weighing, etc. Portion control is key.

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    You could just be retaining a little water. Keep up the hard work and try again next week.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Everyone else has given you good advice. I just want to be one more person to encourage you not to give up. As women we have to not only work towards losing weight but we get to experience that bloating/water retention. I always say when I get to heaven I am going to have a little chat with Eve because this is all her fault!

Keep working out and eating healthier, it does get easier and you will lose:flowerforyou:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Hey there...

Last night, I weighed myself (won't do that again at night), and I saw a scary number... If anything it just motivated me to stay within my calories (which I have NOT been doing) yesterday and today...

I guess that's not the same as feeling like you're doing everything right and not seeing the results you want. But for me, I knew that I was cheating... and cheaters never win - at least not in dieting.

So, here's to getting back up on that horse. Yee haw!
  • thanks for the encouragement everyone! :flowerforyou: i guess it is just always hard at the beginning until you really start to feel like what you are doing is making a difference. i know that once the weight begins to come off it will give me the boost to keep going.... or i hope so anyways! :smile: i guess i just get so impatient with myself. :frown:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    And by the way...

Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

When's the date?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Did you just wash them? That always shrinks pants.
    Or have you had enough water lately? Water retention can cause some bloating.
    Maybe you've been somewhat irregular and are 'full' still from earlier meals?
    Just working out can cause inflammation. If you did a hard lower-body workout last night, you could be swollen from regular old inflammation, or from water retention from being slightly dehydrated, or from refueling really well with carbohydrates after your workout.

A lot of things can change your shape throughout the day. Don't worry about it too much. :flowerforyou:
  • And by the way...

Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

When's the date?

april 19th!!!! :heart: i am calling today to schedule my first dress fitting so i guess i am just trying to get down some before then!! :ohwell:
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    hey girl

I know that feeling trust me..

if i know anything in mylife than it is sitting in my closet , hating my clothes, my body..not wanting to come out.. i know it..
    and working of your butt , trying so hard .. and than stepping on the scale finding out you gained , after all the hard work is like a
    world coming down.. and i have asked myself.. why do i get up at 4.30 every morning.. if I'm going to be gaining or staying forever
    on the same weigth ?

I guess we have to keep digging.. finding motivation and not stopping no matter how long it will take us to get where we want to get..
    because if we stop.. it will only take us longer..

let me tell you one funny story related to the pants..

one morning i get up put on my fav. pants and notice they are not fitting like they used to fit last week.. they were tight..
    i got upsed, cried all the way to work.. ruined my entire am.. ( but i did wear them ).. buy noon i noticed that they fit like they used to fit last week- than i remembered i had them in the dryer way to long and they some how .. " shrunk " .. but got back into shape after few hours i was wearing them.. so - that one time it really was the " pants " fault and for a change not mine :)

hang in there.. i'm with you .we can do it
  • terraw
    terraw Posts: 40
    I'm having a bad morning too! I actually gained my one lb lost back. And I've been busting butt all week! :grumble:

Me too. I lost 2 lbs and all of a sudden this morning I am right back to where I started and truly have busted my butt all week!!! kind of disappointing :(:mad: