I HATE WATER ,,, HELP

Options
Guys , I don’t like drinking water AT ALL . no don’t get me wrong, I can drink a gallon of fruit juice or 7 up :P but not water
any tips to finish my 8 classes a day because right now I don’t even finish 2 !

Replies

• CrimsonHellkite
    Options
    i drink alot of water and sometimes it gets boring, but when i need a change up i use that new "Mio water enhancer" its a liquid you put a lil in the water and there are alot of flavors...its got artifical sweetener but if your ok with that its great, its a small amount.
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    My sister hates water too but she has also been using the Mio stuff CrimsonX69 is talking about. I had a taste of it...it was pretty good.
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't like drinking water either. In fact it makes me feel nauseous. In my case I drink a lot of fresca and diet pepsi. I have known one other person who had the same problem with water, I wonder if it's more widespread?
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I just have a liter bottle next to me at all times and have sips every few minutes....before I realize it, I have to refill it. I take my bottle almost everywhere I go. Its just a new habit to form.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I never hated it but really used to struggle with it. I just forced myself to drink it and now I have no bother with it. So just keep going - Im sure you can do it.x
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    i hear that a lot about water and i can't for the life of me see how ppl don't like water. i absolutely LOVE drinking water, it's so refreshing, but u do know it is essential, right? try lemon in ur water that may work for you, or if you like tea i think that could count for water intake. hope this helps:)
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    I was the same way. I hated drinking water. I'd rather drink any other kind of liquid. However now I drink at least my 8 cups a day, but i still don't like it. The fact that it's making my body healthier and my skin smoother and not as dry, yes it actually does that, is the reason I keep drinking it. If i start to struggle and get bored with it, then i just go buy some Mio. That stuff is pretty good and doesn't really have an aftertaste like most water flavors. You just have to get past your dislike and realize the benefits of drinking water!! And always keep a bottle around you, the bigger, the better. I've found that if i have my bottle of water and my all time fav dr pepper next to each other, i usually grab the water first when back in the day i'd def grab the dr pepper. Just keep at it, you'll get there.
  • sarahjane822
    sarahjane822 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I struggled with water also, I would do anything but drink just plain water. I've used mio fruit punch, and Hawaiian punch drink packets, but one day I just decided to suck it up and drink water. At first it was tough, but now I can drink it no problem and actually kind of like it
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I actually like drinking water, but can see how it could get boring. I've always got a pitcher of Totally Light Green Tea in the refrigerator at home and at work. No calories...no nothing. It's just like drinking water, only it at least gives you some flavor.
  • jase69
    Options
    The Hawaiian Punch packets are THE BEST! But sadly Ive even shied away from them now...I MIGHT have one at the end of the day as a treat...but I too hate water and force myself to drink it!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm often bored from drinking water, so I mix it with sirup. 1 shot of sirup for 4 to 6 glasses of water. Sometimes I also mix it with fruit juce. half a glas of orange or apple juice and 4 to 6 glasses of water.
  • haitham979
    Options
    I never hated it but really used to struggle with it. I just forced myself to drink it and now I have no bother with it. So just keep going - Im sure you can do it.x

I think that is the best way to do it ,,, just keep trying ,,, thank you everyone for your help i dont think MIO is available in Ireland ,,, any idea lads ;) ?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    not_again_cat-1.jpg

You dont HAVE to have actual water.

You need on average 8 cups of fluid.

You can get this fluid via vegetables, fruit, tea, coffee, soda, juice, etc. They all hydrate you, some more than others, but they all do the job.

If you dont like water, dont drink water! You aren't alone in this! Just make sure you get your fluid from other sources!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Keep a bottle of water near you and drink it as and when - just sip away through the day.

Fruit tea and tea will be just fine - as monster says, it doesn't have to be 'pure' water (though some people will argue till their blue in the face that it does, recent research suggests it really doesn't matter, unless you have particular kinds of health problems).

I'd avoid stuff with artificial sweeteners in, because I think they don't really deal with your conditioned 'need' for sweet things. But that's perhaps a personal prejudice. If you want to have it, things like robinsons diet squashes will do the job for you.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE water, or so I thought. After just making myself drink it for a week or so I started to like it. Now, I love it and crave it.

Just as exercise, it's all habit.
  • cjsanford63
    cjsanford63 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    While I don't share your problem, I like drinking water, I do find that it is a little blah some days. On those days, I add a couple of small pieces of fruit. Frozen Raspberrys, chop up a strawberry.... If I put that in my glass I get flavor and only a few calories. I've found that those original pieces of fruit will last thru several glasses.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    At Target in the Crystal Light aisle they have a Target brand 5 calorie water mixer flavored Cherry Limeade. I'm addicted to it. It's sugar free but it's sweet and yummy. I put it in my water bottle and can guzzle the whole thing in seconds. LOL!
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I LOVE water. try drinking it with ice. I find it a lot more refreshing that way.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Guys , I don’t like drinking water AT ALL . no don’t get me wrong, I can drink a gallon of fruit juice or 7 up :P but not water
    any tips to finish my 8 classes a day because right now I don’t even finish 2 !
    You're a sugar addict. Takes 21 days to form a habit. Drink it for 21 days and you'll become accustomed to it. Buck up.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    You're a sugar addict. Takes 21 days to form a habit. Drink it for 21 days and you'll become accustomed to it. Buck up.

This is also true...