Losing Belly Fat

pete3lions
pete3lions Posts: 2
edited October 2 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi has anyone got any tips for a good way of losing belly fat. Its the main area i want to lose weight.

Thanks

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    you can't spot reduce, the only way to lose the belly is a caloric deficit or lipo
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    reduce your overall fat, there is no such thing as spot reduction . . . it's all or nothing.
  • I've heard that cardio helps you reduce your mid section. Good Luck!!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Toning might help appearance though
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Cut the sugar and white flour products -- replace with good sources of proteins and medium chain fatty acids.
    My opinion.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    you can't spot reduce, the only way to lose the belly is a caloric deficit or lipo
    It's true you can't spot reduce. Your goal should be an overall decrease in body fat percentage. However, caloric deficit and lipo are not the ways to do it. So, can't say I agree with this post. Building muscle throughout your body (lean muscle, not bulking up to look like a body builder) will help increase your metabolism, thus helping to reduce body fat. Cardio will also help especially if you do high intensity interval training (HIIT) AND most importantly, what calories you put in to your body will help significantly. Clean eating will really help show off the muscles that you build and will help reduce body fat. Hope that helps.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Losing fat is 90% diet, 10% exercise.

Find out your TDEE which is composed of your BMR + TEA + TEF. Eat a calorie deficit, hit your macros, cycle your carbs, and exercise.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    It's true you can't spot reduce. Your goal should be an overall decrease in body fat percentage. However, caloric deficit and lipo are not the ways to do it. So, can't say I agree with this post. Building muscle throughout your body (lean muscle, not bulking up to look like a body builder) will help increase your metabolism, thus helping to reduce body fat. Cardio will also help especially if you do high intensity interval training (HIIT) AND most importantly, what calories you put in to your body will help significantly. Clean eating will really help show off the muscles that you build and will help reduce body fat. Hope that helps.

so what is the purpose of including HIIT, if caloric deficits are not the way to go? and clean vs unclean foods of identical maconutrient composition don't make a a significant difference in terms of weight loss
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member

You have to eat a calorie deficit in order to lose weight/burn fat. You cannot eat at a surplus and expect to lose. It's energy in vs energy out.

Also the food type does not matter for burning fat and losing weight.

Your body does not know the difference between eating a slice of pizza, and eating a 6oz chicken breast in regards to losing weight. Your body understands TDEE (BMR + TEA +TEF), it understands eating a calorie deficit vs a surplus, and it understands macro and micronutrient balance.
  • I also wanna loose just belly fat. I read that berries, all types of berries (cranberry, strawberry, blue berry etc...) helps reduce belly fat. Google it. GNC has a berry product that you can use and it taste like strawberry yogurt, good. But I'm just experimenting sort to say. Past experience is you got to loose overall. Stick to salads and yogurts and that will do the job. And if you wanna build on another body part and make it bigger just build the musle on it. Good luck. =)
  • I also have been trying to get rid of my belly fat,I've been searching the web for ways on how to do it and what exercises I can do to achieve my goal.I've found useful information on how to lose belly fat for women on this site.

http://www.weightlosingportal.com/how-to-lose-belly-fat-for-women/
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member

You have to eat a calorie deficit in order to lose weight/burn fat. You cannot eat at a surplus and expect to lose. It's energy in vs energy out.

Also the food type does not matter for burning fat and losing weight.

Your body does not know the difference between eating a slice of pizza, and eating a 6oz chicken breast in regards to losing weight. Your body understands TDEE (BMR + TEA +TEF), it understands eating a calorie deficit vs a surplus, and it understands macro and micronutrient balance.

Everyone must find what works for them and do their own research. However, I can't disagree more with the statement that food type does not matter for burning fat and losing weight. Your body definitely knows the difference between a slice of pizza and a 6oz chicken breast. To say otherwise defies the science of nutrition. Our bodies need certain nutrients in a certain combination in order for all of the cells in our bodies to function properly and efficiently. When our cells are functioning properly and efficiently we are healthier, slimmer, have less fat etc. If we only needed to focus on calorie deficit vs surplus there would be many fewer overweight 1/2 marathon and marathon runners (just as an example, although there are many examples). These people expend way more calories than they take in during training, yet often have trouble losing weight or fat. Why? Because of what they eat and in what combination. If all calories were equal, we could live off 100 calorie packs from Nabisco and not need to eat a vegetable or a fruit ever again. Although, I think I'd choose chocolate instead.:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.