Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce

azlips2003
azlips2003 Posts: 45 Member
1 spaghetti squash halved lengthwise seeds removed
1/2 pound ground turkey
1-2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 - 1 onion chopped
1 cup prepared marinara sauce (look for low calorie - the one I used was 50 calories per 1/2 cup)
Parmesan cheese

Baked squash face down on foil topped pan at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until tender.

Meanwhile saute turkey with garlic and onion until turkey is cooked through.

Add marinara to turkey.

Once squash is cooked, scrape into a bowl and top with sauce and cheese.

I ate one of the halves of squash with 1/2 of the sauce for dinner and had the other half yesterday for lunch. I stored the squash and sauce seperately and heated them together.

You could also add mushrooms for next to no additional calories. :wink:

Replies

• azlips2003
    1 spaghetti squash halved lengthwise seeds removed
    1/2 pound ground turkey
    1-2 cloves garlic chopped
    1/2 - 1 onion chopped
    1 cup prepared marinara sauce (look for low calorie - the one I used was 50 calories per 1/2 cup)
    Parmesan cheese

Baked squash face down on foil topped pan at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until tender.

Meanwhile saute turkey with garlic and onion until turkey is cooked through.

Add marinara to turkey.

Once squash is cooked, scrape into a bowl and top with sauce and cheese.

I ate one of the halves of squash with 1/2 of the sauce for dinner and had the other half yesterday for lunch. I stored the squash and sauce seperately and heated them together.

You could also add mushrooms for next to no additional calories. :wink:
  • rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    what is spagetti squash?
  • azlips2003
    what is spagetti squash?

It's a big yellow squash. When it's cooked it scrapes out in spaghetti shaped shreds. If you're not a fan of squash it's not for you, but if you are it's great because you can eat a heaping bowl of it with no guilt. A little of the sauce goes a long way. You can also microwave the squash, but I prefer it baked.
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Sounds delicious, thanks!
  • rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    i love squash.. so basically i cut it in half and cook it like she says.. and when its done it comes out in spagetti shreds?

im really not an idiot:)
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    I'm adding this to the menu this week. Can't wait to try it!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    I just bought some spaghetti squash yesterday and wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Butternut squash is good too for making soup or a side dish.
  • azlips2003
    i love squash.. so basically i cut it in half and cook it like she says.. and when its done it comes out in spagetti shreds?

im really not an idiot:)

:laugh: No - you're not an idiot!! Once it's cooked - it's hard to explain - but it comes apart and looks something like spaghetti.
  • azlips2003
    I just bought some spaghetti squash yesterday and wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Butternut squash is good too for making soup or a side dish.

I love butternut squash. It's good just cubed up and tossed with a littel olive oil and roasted.
  • so i finally bought some spaghetti squash.. SOOOOOOO good

and is it really only like 65 cals for a cup? thats so much

i put spray butter on it!