Hello

Options
Hi. I'm a stay-at-home mom. Actually, I'm disabled. I had a significant back injury in 2005 that changed my otherwise incredibly active life to almost zero activity. I went from riding a Harley to not even being able to ride a bicycle! I have 3 children and 1 step-child. They are 27, 26, 18 and 6 years old. So, you'd think chasing a 6 year old, I'd lose tons of weight. Not the case.

I'm just starting out & really, really need encouragement. When I met my husband, I wore a size 5! When we married in 2001, I wore an 8. Now... well, let's just not go there, ok?

Suffice it to say that I need to lose about 70lbs. If I could lose more, that's wonderful!

Ok, Folks... here we go! : )

Replies

• kathott
    kathott Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there.....welcome to MFP. i hope that you enjoy your new life adventure here. I am sure you will get loads of
    love and support here. I too have a horrible back....went from being extremely active to not. been trying to shed
    the result of that ever since 1992. had surgery which made things worse. so feel free to add me as a friend - there
    are a few of us in the same position as you.
    good luck on your journey....take good care.
    Kathleen
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I find that I can lose weight just logging my calories with or without exercise. I just recently bruised my tailbone and while I'm not in the league of a major back injury it's very hard to stand, walk, exercise, etc. I'm a stay-at-home Dad myself. I have 3 here and my wife and I home school them. Ages: 3, 7 and 11. I only injured myself a week or so ago but I can't exercise outside of swimming and even that hasn't been tried just yet.

And here you are! You've already made the first step. I still have about 70 lbs to go btw, as you can see. I've been battling away at this since last summer. According to my doctor I've never just given up and that's more than he can say for many. And neither have you. I think you'll find many in a very similar situation to you here among us. (Closer fits than I am) Many here will be very helpful. :)

Good luck on your journey! And welcome to MFP!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. I have lost all the weight I wanted without exercise. :flowerforyou:
  • haitham979
    Options
    Hi. I'm a stay-at-home mom. Actually, I'm disabled. I had a significant back injury in 2005 that changed my otherwise incredibly active life to almost zero activity. I went from riding a Harley to not even being able to ride a bicycle! I have 3 children and 1 step-child. They are 27, 26, 18 and 6 years old. So, you'd think chasing a 6 year old, I'd lose tons of weight. Not the case.

I'm just starting out & really, really need encouragement. When I met my husband, I wore a size 5! When we married in 2001, I wore an 8. Now... well, let's just not go there, ok?

Suffice it to say that I need to lose about 70lbs. If I could lose more, that's wonderful!

Ok, Folks... here we go! : )

Hi there.....welcome to MFP. we all here to help :) i also had a bad experiance that changed my life and made me gain 25 KG. so lets stop thinking about yesterday and start thining about Tomorrow. what i am doing is writing how many secucess days i had " the way the do in Jail :P" and it worked fine for me so far