Anyone else really picky?

Options
2»

Replies

• mandaawil
    mandaawil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm the pickiest person I know. It's the texture of foods thats actually makes me gag. I've tried to force myself to eat other foods but I can't handle it. I don't know what to do anymore!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    The more fresh fruits and veggies I eat, the more I start to like them and now crave them. It takes time for your body to adjust but I wouldn't give up.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. All the veg I've tried makes me literally want to hurl.

My tastes are extremely limited, and theres no way i'm forcing myself to eat that crap. Sure, lots of vomit would help with my calories, but it's not so good for a lifelong change!

So, i just eat pretty much everything i used to, just now in moderation, and with plenty of exercise. Job done! You really dont NEED to eat all the stuff most people here repeat ad nauseum (fruit, veg, whole grains, etc etc) to lose weight. To become uber healthy, sure, you do, but to just lose weight, no.

The main thing is making sure that whatever you do you're HAPPY doing, and could carry it on indefinitely.

I'm sure many people give up/dont bother to try to lose weight because they have had this whole "you must eat clean and cut the nice stuff out" thing shoved down their throats!
    I think finding a wide variety of good tasting healthy food is key to sticking to a balanced diet

If your aim is to be healthy, sure. If your aim is to be lose weight and be a bit healthier, it isnt. Finding a way to lose calories and enjoy it so its sustainable is more important.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Start by incorporating the few veggies and things that you DO like, and after you've been eating better for a while...start trying your 'hate' foods again here and there. Sometimes your system adjusts to eating healthier and your palette can change. Same goes for the bad foods...things you used to love won't taste as good (that's the best outcome!)

Good luck!
  • BlackHills4life
    Options
    My daughter is VERY picky, and I get her to eat tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, yogurt, whole grain "white bread" and then I put shredded carrots in a meatloaf made with ground chicken.
  • deathreaver
    Options
    The thing about my weight loss wasn't changing what I eat, I find that a simple kind of torture. It was how much I ate.

Tracking those calories is more important than anything for my own personal weight loss. I am not a picky eater. My partner is deadly picky. So this time around I didn't force him to change what he liked. I just cut back on how much of those foods he was allowed. (Since I do the cooking.)

I will eat anything besides squash, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts and asparagus. So I guess I am kind of lucky.

You really have to find what works for you; adjust and learn as you go.