• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    ElyzahMoore, I've added you!
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great start here! Just to summarize, here are the recipes for this week:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fqBAaFmtHqOq76VlmyASTE8LX-FnUnYWCYY7QTu6q1o/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

and don't forget to add each other as friends!

If you can't make it this week, add it to next week's plan but do try and report back to let us know what you thought and what you'd change...sticking to a good eating habit is so much easier if you have a plan in mind.

(PS: I thought it would be good to do dinner, but any recipe is acceptable!)
  • acoleman3
    Options
    I would love to get in on this recipe swap, too! Those recipes look great.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    acoleman3, I added you to the group :)
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I'm making a meal plan tonight for next week and going to include both of these meals! Has anyone made either of the recipes yet or decided when they're going to?
  • pixiechick8321
    Options
    I made the one I posted the day we started the thread. It was very good and filling!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    What meat/protein did you opt for?
  • stefnicole
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party, but count me in!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    stefnicole, welcome!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Anyone made the recipes yet?

I'm making the meat and vegetables and rice, with strawberries on the side for dinner tomorrow night!

On Tuesday I'll be putting next week's recipe swap post up. But comments on Week 1's recipes should go in this post!
  • stefnicole
    Options
    I'm making the veggies/rice/meat combo tonight. I'll let everyone know how it goes!
  • stefnicole
    Options
    So I made the first recipe. I used shrimp as my meat and zucchini as my vegetable. I didn't even get to the fruit I was so full! I think this recipe will be something I keep around for busy nights when I need to make a quick meal. It was tasty and filling, a great combo :)
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ekusumo
    ekusumo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Please count me in for the recipe swap?
    What do I have to do? Kinda new here, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction?
    Thanks!
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    im interested! I am a crockpot person - love that and add a salad and fruit and presto :)
  • nattiec21
    nattiec21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ooo....Sounds like fun. I added this to "Recipes" today under 'Veggie bake'

Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
    Fresh Raw (Nutritiondata.Com) - Cilantro, 2 oz
    Vegetable - Yellow Summer Squash, 2 medium 6
    Onions - Raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia)
    Cheese - Parmesan, shredded, 2 tbsp
    Mushrooms - Raw, 1 cup, pieces or slices
    Peppers, Green, Bell Fresh - Peppers, Green, Bell, 0.75 cup
    Home Prepared - Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, 2 lemon
    Spices - Basil, dried, 2 tsp, ground
    Fresh Vegetable - Green Beans, 10 beans, 4" long
    Squash - Zucchini, includes skin, raw, 2 cup, chopped
    Fresh - Garlic (1 Clove), 3 medium clove (4g)

(i also added a little house rub that my husband bought from HEB)

1. Mix together tomatoes, onion, green beans, mushrooms, green pepper, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro and herbs. Cover and bake at 325º F for 15 minutes.

2. Mix in zucchini and squash and continue baking, covered, 60-70 more minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.

3. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese just before serving.

I also made some whole wheat brown rice on the side 1/4 cup (150 calories)

according to myfitnesspal, the whole dish of the veggie bake comes out to 432Per Serving and if you do this at 8 servings its 54 calories per serving.

I made this tonight and it was SO delish! and filled me up with a lot left over!

facebook.com/nattiec25

7245150.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I have added ekusumo, Thirstygirl, and nattiec21 to the group.
    Remember, recipes for week 1 along with the rules, member list, and schedule are posted here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fqBAaFmtHqOq76VlmyASTE8LX-FnUnYWCYY7QTu6q1o/edit?hl=en_US

I also added a new rule that if you miss your week to post a recipe you will be removed from the member list. Of course, if you want to join again, all you have to do is ask!

The recipe post for week 2 will be posted tomorrow morning. sweetiepie31612 and myself are responsible for providing next week's recipes.

ANYWAY - In terms of week one food, post all your thoughts on the recipes here! Even after week 2 is going!

I made the vegetable/rice/protein tonight suggested by pixiechick8321. I only had white rice, so that's what I used. My protein was Swai, which is a type of white fish. I put some paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano on it and baked it for 10 minutes on one side and then flipped it and baked it for another 10 on the other side at 350. For the vegetables in the rice, I used carrots, celery, red onion, tomatoes, and mushrooms. I also used 2 tbsp of tomato juice for some more flavoring in the rice.

The dessert of the strawberries and honey was super delicious.
    Total, my variation of the meal equaled 352 calories. It was SO filling, but so simple and good.

This is what it looked like:
    IMG_6115.jpg

I'm going to be making the tacos on Wednesday or Thursday.
  • pixiechick8321
    Options
    I used catfish, since that's what we had ;-)

(Still need to get around to the chicken tacos this week I hope!)
  • imagirlovinlife
    Options
    Hi, I'm brand new to this site and I'm desperate to get motivated. I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life and I'm determined to do something about it!

I'd love to participate in this but I'm a little blog challenged. Can someone tell me how to participate in the recipe swap? did you go with Google?

Here's one from me:

Spicy chili
    1 pound Jenny O ground turkey (I don't use the most lean because it has no flavor) or very lean ground sirloin - cook & crumble
    1 onion, green peppers diced and sauteed
    then add:
    1-2 large cans of stewed tomatoes, breaking up with your fingers
    1-2 cans of spicy kidney beens
    chopped jalapenos to taste
    tons of chili powder
    if you like it hot, use tabasco, hot sauce, etc.; if not, can use some worchestire or bbq sauce
    bring to a boil, then simmer until it tastes great!

Can have low fat sour cream and shredded chedder cheese or chopped scallions for toppings

Really a full meal! Enjoy