tired carrot sticks and celery

Options
Hi friends!
I am really tired of carrot sticks and celery, which I have with Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing and a cheese stick....
This snack totals me about 165 calories....
Any suggestions on how I can replace it for next week, please?
Thanks!

Replies

• DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker Chips with picante sauce.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I love cucumbers dipped in salsa
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    do you like hummus? it is great with carrots and celery and you get some fiber, which you won't get with the dressing. Or Laughing cow cheese? Also good with veggies. Or if you are tired of those veggies entirely, cut up some tomatoes, cucumber, a little bit of onion. Pour a little white vinegar and salt and pepper and it makes a great little salad.
  • thesteelcity
    Options
    strips of red pepper are nice and boost your metabolism!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Green and red pepper strips in hummus!
  • abbie017
    Options
    I do carrots with the laughing cow cheese wedge... so good! it's like a mini french onion dip!
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker Chips with picante sauce.

I know what I'm having later on today ;)
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    Options
    sometimes i like "Mary's Gone Crackers" or Sensible Portions Salt and Pepper Straws as a snack with a lowfat yogurt dip or hummus. Costco had a mild jalapeno greek yogurt dip that was tasty. Also guacamole instead of ranch or you could make a low cal spinach dip that would be great hot or cold.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple dipped in 1 TBS of melted Peanut Butter - about 180 cals. (with Jif peanut butter)
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Replace with a protein like 1/4c Cottage cheese, or a hard boiled egg. Even Beef Jerky (beware of the sodium) or 1/3c almonds - these snacks will actually satisfy you and carry much longer than noshing on vegetables masked with high calorie/fat dressings.
  • teatime4me
    Options
    Try sliced apples with a wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese. Yum!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Triscuits with salsa or those baked tostitos scoop chips with salsa. I recently started having salsa some times because it;'s super low in calories.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    bell pepper with laughing cow cheese
    almonds with fresh or dried fruit
    cheese sticks with crackers or chips
    yogurt
    cucumber with dip
    cliff kids bars- 120 cals with fiber and protein
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    so many choices...some strawberries and blueberries and fat free vanilla yogurt....i love pepper strips and hummus...orange yellow red, etc. also like zuccini and yellow squash raw strips with hummus, guac, or ranch (LIGHT)....I eat popchips when i am looking for a junk food fix...you get like 20 chips for only 120 calories. also popcorn does a great job of filling me up. i eat mini babybel cheeses and some pickles for a quick snack when i am in a hurry. fiber one bars and some fruit usually hold me over in the afternoons too. snap peas and hummus...omg yum or dipped in a light dressing.
  • jminette
    Options
    cherry tomatoes or snap peas?
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Replace with a protein like 1/4c Cottage cheese, or a hard boiled egg. Even Beef Jerky (beware of the sodium) or 1/3c almonds - these snacks will actually satisfy you and carry much longer than noshing on vegetables masked with high calorie/fat dressings.

This!!

And for the love of all that is holy DO NOT fill up on friggin' crackers and granola bars!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple dipped in 1 TBS of melted Peanut Butter - about 180 cals. (with Jif peanut butter)

oooh, snap! never thought to melt it!!! THIS is what i'm having later!!
    And for the love of all that is holy DO NOT fill up on friggin' crackers and granola bars!

Crackers are FULL of fat and empty crackers, and soooo easy to over due!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I dip my carrots in Hummus.
    You can do greek yogurt, apples w/peanut butter.
    Special K meal bars
    string cheese and crackers
    cottage cheese with mandarine oranges or pineapple.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    All these snack suggestions sound good!!
  • anvacarz
    Options
    Switch up the ranch to hummus! I love spicy hummus and carrots or snap peas. Edamame, almonds, pistachios, cherry tomatos, grapes... Lots more than veggies and ranch!