food pushers

Options
My inlaws were here for a week for my husband's birthday. I struggled to cook "nice" foods for them and stay under my calories. I let my mother in law cook one day. Now my fridge is full of leftover blueberry pancakes, a whole frozen pizza, and 3/4 of a german chocolate cake. Arrgh. She is the kind to make a bunch of fattening junk, encourage everyone else to eat up, and not take a bite of it herself. I don't think this woman has dieted a day in her life. I told i dropped 3 pants sizes and she didn't even congratulate me. Okay i'm done venting now.

Replies

• FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Solution: Throw it away.
    Better Solution: Garbage disposal it all...then you can't dig it out of the trash to eat when you lose control.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    At least she's not there all the time!!

Send the leftovers to work with your husband.

Then they aren't in YOUR home or workplace and you don't feel like you have wasted her efforts. Plus he will be office king for a day!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'll just jump in here before she does. Spray it with Windex. take everything out and douse it.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I agree with the idea to send the leftovers with either yourself or your husband to work to give away.

With that said, I jut don't think you can always count on or expect people to congratulate you on your weight loss. She may have body issues of her own, and either be jealous that you're rubbing it in her face that you lost three pant sizes (and I'm not saying you are, but it could be perceived that way) or some people just don't know how to respond to that.

I myself am uncomfortable when people mention my weight or their own weight. I don't congratulate people for weight loss, it makes me uncomfortable.

At the same time, she should have acknowledged that you are trying to lose weight and that's hard to do when there are yummies in the house.
  • BigMamaDiva
    Options
    My family is the SAME WAY. In the same sentence they will push a plate of fried food and tell you how fat you are...WTF?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Did they drive in..........if so send her butt home with all the leftovers in a nice disposable cooler.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'll just jump in here before she does. Spray it with Windex. take everything out and douse it.

Darn it, BILL!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    At least she's not there all the time!!

Send the leftovers to work with your husband.

Then they aren't in YOUR home or workplace and you don't feel like you have wasted her efforts. Plus he will be office king for a day!

THIS!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This doesn't sound like a food pusher, to me. Unless you left out the part where she kept asking you to eat it while you kept saying no. Throw it out or give it away. I like Bill's suggestion.
  • ncgatorfan
    Options
    "Accidentally" drop it on the floor. That's what I started doing.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    That woman is a menace.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My family is the same....They tell me "Why do you worry about what you eat? Your so thin" Why do they think I am thin!!
  • FitHitTheShan80
    Options
    My mother in law is the same way...even scarier I think I am too. I bake cakes and other sweets for family functions and though I don't REALLy eat it myself and really don't have to push it..(hehe) I am flattered when I bring home empty dishes of my own BUUUUT...she pushes everything that is leftover on us to take home... honestly I'd rather not take it but she gets her feelings hurt when we don't and it just goes to waste anyway!