crunch: fat burning ab attack

Options
want an intense but fast workout? id recommend this 30 min workout to anyone who likes 2 have fun and wants to lose alot of weight.this video will tone ur abs, obliques, arms and your core.this is for beginners, so you wont get the same results as the instructor.i used this video for 5 days & already lost 5 lbs. individuals like myself who weigh 150 will lose 875 [.25lbs lost] calories for every 30 min if done right. i did the math & weighed myself before and after without drinking water in between the vid, and their calculations are 1000000000% true. i do this 4x a day [875x4=3500] and lose a pound [3500 cals] a day. & obviously people who weigh more than 150 will lose more in those 30 min. i LOVE it, and im sure you will too!!!! good luck guys :]

Replies

• auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    So you're saying that you have a crunches exercise that allows you to lose more calories than a marathon runner or a soccer player huh?

I call shennanigans =)
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So, you actually end up doing this 30 minute video for 2 hours a day to lose a pound a day?
    While I am happy for you and your results these last 5 days, I can practically promise that will not be even close to an average. Its virtually impossible for your body to maintain a pound a day weight loss. While that would be FANTASTIC, its just not realistic. I would have loved to lose 55 pounds in 55 days...unfortunately, it took me over a year.

But best of luck to you...and if you prove me wrong, Ill be the first to join you!
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So you're saying that you have a crunches exercise that allows you to lose more calories than a marathon runner or a soccer player huh?

I call shennanigans =)

Did you catch the part where she does the 30 minute video 4X a day to earn that burn?
    I work out 2 hours a day usually and burn anywhere from 600-1200 calories doing high intensity cardio and some weight training. Shennanigans for sure. Sorry.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    FYI: your abs are a muscle group and should be trained as such, not trained 4x a day every day
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

I call shennanigans =)

Did you catch the part where she does the 30 minute video 4X a day to earn that burn?
    I work out 2 hours a day usually and burn anywhere from 600-1200 calories doing high intensity cardio and some weight training. Shennanigans for sure. Sorry.

Did you catch the part where she's saying she's burning 3500 calories in those two hours? Shenanigans. Your numbers seem perfectly reasonable though.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Edit: Wow, I think you're serious.

That makes me sad.
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I call BS on this one... major BS
    But it was nice for a laugh
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    875 calories in 30 min.....................nah.
  • auticus
    Options
    She said 150 lbs @ 30 min = 875 calories burned. That's where I called the shennanigans. 30 min workout x4 a day = 2 hours burning 875 calories just from that I'd still be leery of given 150 lbs.

If a 150 lb person can do ab crunches for 30 min and burn 875 calories, I'll eat my hat. Typical weight training exercises burn about 100-150 calories in 30 minutes.

Running semi-intensely for 30 minutes nets me, a 220 lb man, a 550 calorie burn. Playing competitive soccer for a 45 minute half burns me about 750 calories.
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    Options
    btw...its not just crunches..i do crunches alllll the time.i do 3000 a day and lose 1500 cals in 2hours, of course i take an hour break in between every 1000. 1 crunch is .5 cals lost. im not sure how many cals you lose in an hour running, & h dont care, but thats alot of cals for a crunch...
  • auticus
    Options
    Ah yes. The troll doth emerge from the bridge. I'm sorry I fed you sir troll. Good one =)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Ah yes. The troll doth emerge from the bridge. I'm sorry I fed you sir troll. Good one =)

No, I actually think she's serious... which makes this even worse.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    looking at your profile I dont' think anyone would be smart to get health tips from you. Not to mention your last post got locked for being pro ana/mia hhmmmm. Thanks but no thanks
  • heather_morales
    Options
    yay. i was just thinking of this video earlier but i couldn't think of the name of it to look it up on netflix. i was doing this a while back and loved it and did see results. though i wasn't doing it 4x's a days so i don't know. but thanks.
  • lucky77sevens
    Options
    looking at your profile I dont' think anyone would be smart to get health tips from you. Not to mention your last post got locked for being pro ana/mia hhmmmm. Thanks but no thanks

Agreed...I think she is just a sad lonely little girl seeking approval from strangers...all the best to her in reaching her "goals", but there are proana sites out there that cater to her type
  • auticus
    Options
    "No, I actually think she's serious... which makes this even worse. "

I suppose you're right. There is a lot of misinformation out there. That kind of saddens me. The best advice is to talk to a nutrionist and a doctor.

It was like the person today on the boards telling me that people don't need carbs and can subsist entirely off of their fat and that all they need was fruits and vegetables.

(if you didn't pick up on that... they said that you don't need carbs but then said you just need fruits and vegetables...which are carbs)

Fat burning ab attacks are great. But as another poster mentioned, you don't lift the same muscle group 4x a day without risking injury to yourself.

And burning 875 calories in a half an hour at 150 lbs...

Anyhoo, take what you read off the internet with a grain of salt.
  • arlo1028
    arlo1028 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    LOL well I see the signature and I think this person's been smoking lost of that green!! (: