Master Cleanse/Lemonade Diet

monih10
monih10 Posts: 577 Member
I have read a lot about the Master Cleanse Diet and wanted to see what others thought about it....
Are there any other diet plans that are in a similar comparison to this one? I would love to hear from people who have tried it or know someone who has tried it...and what the results were...

Thanks!!

Replies

• It's not a diet. It's a cleanse. You will likely rapidly gain back most of the weight you lose on the cleanse. However, there are other benefits to doing it if you believe in that sort of thing. My husband and I did it last year. He's thin, but didn't lose any weight. I'm overweight and lost a few pounds that I gained back. We both had a really clear, alert thinking at the end.
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    I was thinking of doing this and talked to my friend about it. If its the one I am thinking it is the one with maple syrup, lemonade, and a few other things I think. My friend said it was awful, the taste is horrid and when you go back to eating again you put the weight back on in no time, even if eating healthy. It isnt meant for long term weight loss. I saw that Beyonce did it and it made me want to do it, but I feel it just isnt worth it if the taste is awful and I will gain it right back. I have also heard of this man who lost 200lbs+ by making all of his food into a smoothie, he mainly ate vegetables and fruits, but he drank all of it, so he still got his nutrients minus some protein bc I dont think he ate meat or anything. Im not sure what its called bc I heard about it from a friend. He has some interesting recipes though. Might be weight loss with Green smoothies, but Im not sure.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I know someone who did it for 40 days. She was really overweight, got quite thin very fast, and then got cancer. Now, I can't say the cancer was caused by the Master Cleanse, but what I can say is the correllation is there in my mind.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Thank you for sharing this information:):) Have A Healthy Journey:flowerforyou:
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 577 Member
    Thanks for the info....I've heard a lot of the same things....mainly...that you will most likely gain the weight plus more back aferwards.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    I did it for about 3 days. And for 3 days i was good for nothing but drinking it and promptly sitting in the bathroom for the next few hours. Every day. All day. I felt like i had been stabbed in the abdomen. I decided whatever i lost was in the form of my guts, which i would very much like to keep where they are.
  • The last time I did this diet I lost 7 lbs and didn't gain it back! It really wasn't bad at all.... plus I felt better mentally & physically afterward. Some of my health issues actually cleared up. You really have to be determined and stay focused. I'm thinking of doing it again in a week.

Some info on the lemonade diet...

http://www.TheLemonadeSite.com
This discussion has been closed.