GNC vitamins?

KaylaRaylene
KaylaRaylene Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2 in Food and Nutrition
Hey everyone!

I purchased the Active Vitamin Pack for Women from GNC (vitamin pack of 7 pills) and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about them, or use them. I'm not very active, but the guy at the store told me it didn't matter. I feel like it might matter based on the types of pills in the pack. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Kayla

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Just my 2 cents, but I think a lot of their stuff is over-priced, and I haven't enjoyed my shopping experience there. That said, I'm ok with their multivitamins--for men, at least.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    IMO, the Womens Ultra Mega Active will provide you with everything you need for a much lower price (like $15 a bottle if you buy them with your GNC gold card). Unfortunately, every pill vitamin I have ever tried (with the exception of Shacklee) makes me sick to my stomach. So after 2 weeks on them, and a whole lot of energy later, I had to discontinue use and switch to Flinstone Vitamins.
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    My aunt was just telling me that she had purchased those vitamins as well. She got really sick when she started taking them and had to stop.
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    I was taking their women's ultra metabolism vitamins. (I think that's what they were called) I have since switched to prenatal but I can honestly say I felt better taking those than women's one a day or even my prenatal. In the end gnc was cheaper. It was about $8-$12 a month for cheap vitamins and $20 every 3 months for gnc.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    I take the Womens Ultra Mega Active (one bottle, 2 pills a day) is great! I purchased the gold card about 10 years ago and saved a lot over the years. If you buy consistantly, the yearly cost of the Gold card goes down. I have never tried those packets with 7 pills (I hate pills).
  • I don't know much about GNC vitamins. However, I've gone to a certified nutritionist a couple of times and the he stresses avoiding man made minerals. It has something to do with your body not being able to digest them so basically you are wasting your money. Instead he recommends organic (minerals derived from natureally ocurring plants, etc.) vitamins. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.