I am addicted...

Options
Ok, I will admit it right out of the gate... I am addicted to Splenda. Now I am wondering if I am taking a good thing too far!! Does anyone have any input on the effects of Splenda on weight loss? I must use at LEAST 15+ packets a day...in my oatmeal in the morning and then in my iced tea thru out the day.

Anyone have any words of wisdom???

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    It has the same effects as diet soda
  • CharNordie
    CharNordie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try Steevia instead. It's zero calories and NATURAL!!!!!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Try Stevia... or a bit of natural honey.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yes, Stevia instead. Splenda has an additive which has been known to be cancer causing
  • jennyrider
    Options
    I used to be a sweet-n-low fanatic but heard it causes cancer. I'm on regular, all natural sugar. It has a ton of calories but its tastes soooo good.
  • rustiemae
    rustiemae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is addicting and so I'm sure the splenda is addicting too.

I personally think that all the artificial substitutes for sugar are bad for you. I've listened to Jillian Michael's podcast and read her books. She says never use Splenda, sweet n' low or any of those.

I saw something recently that you might find interesting -- check out this article:
    http://www.womentowomen.com/healthyweight/splenda.aspx

I used to always put something in my oatmeal but after a week of forcing myself to eat it plain with fresh fruit, I can't go back to adding sugar or buying the flavored oatmeal. I now have the taste for it without sugar but it took a couple weeks of weaning myself off. I would suggest trying to do the same -- not for weight loss but for health concerns. I now enjoy my plain oatmeal without the fruit.
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a lot of splenda. I used to use it but I hate all artificial sweeteners now. Splenda makes my face breakout.
    Also, like a pp said, I weaned myself off of it, one packet at a time. Now that stuff is too sweet. I'd much rather a half teaspoon of real sugar.