Gained 5 pounds in 4 days... help!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Equi_Sally
    Options
    You DID NOT gain 5 pounds of fat in four days. Doing so would have required that you eat 17,500 calories more than what your body was burning. That's highly unlikely no matter how much you pigged out.

Yesterday, I weighed myself and weighed 190.5 lbs. Today, after I went to the bathroom, I weighed 185 lbs. That's a 5 1/2 pound difference. Five days ago, I weighed myself at 181.5 lbs. (I was likely dehydrated at the time because I had run several miles.) You'll notice my weight varied 9 pounds in less than a week.

Our weights change during the day. Five pounds is about the maximum range for me in one day.

I suspect you ate more while on vacation and have more salt in your body right now. I expect you'll be back to normal, or close to it, within a few days.

Freakin' A! I'm not the only one! Thank goodness! I've also seen variations throughout a week of almost 10 pounds, and I knew it wasn't the scale, the cursed thing is from a hospital. After momentary heart failure, my brain checked back in and chocked it up to a dehydrated morning low weight verses my norm verses after a salty delicious weekend.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Yes your weight can fluctuate 5-10lbs throughout the day or week. This may be due to added sodium or carbohydrate to your diet. Unless you ate 3500 calories BEYOND your TDEE/maintenance calories then you have not gained 1 pound of fat, or 2, or 3.. If you ate less than maintenance then your body would be burning fat. It's also important to remember weight loss or gain is not some linear thing, the food you ate yesterday is not going to make you immediately gain fat today. You just need to stick to your plan and carry on.

I would not fret over numbers on the scales. In fact, I would ignore scales all together and go by measurements, loosening of clothes. People don't see your weight on the scales,
  • mslizareyes
    Options
    BUMP