Goals without a weight attached

So is anyone else out there working towards a goal that is not a number on a scale? Although I had to pick a "goal weight" for my profile, my real goal is to fit into a pair of jeans that hasn't fit me in 1 1/2 years. I am doing a lot of toning with weights to try to slim down my physique, but I also understand that gaining muscle may increase the number on the scale (yikes) and so I picked my Gino + Mary Jane low rise jeans as a goal!

And what about other goals in life? I have a couple for 2009:
1) get a 4.0 this semester
2) quit smoking
3) keep my expectations low so I won't get disappointed

What are your goals?

Replies

• sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    So is anyone else out there working towards a goal that is not a number on a scale? Although I had to pick a "goal weight" for my profile, my real goal is to fit into a pair of jeans that hasn't fit me in 1 1/2 years. I am doing a lot of toning with weights to try to slim down my physique, but I also understand that gaining muscle may increase the number on the scale (yikes) and so I picked my Gino + Mary Jane low rise jeans as a goal!

And what about other goals in life? I have a couple for 2009:
    1) get a 4.0 this semester
    2) quit smoking
    3) keep my expectations low so I won't get disappointed

What are your goals?
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    I am working toward fitting in my 5/6 clothes (If I weight 800lbs and fit in my 5/6 clothes I would be a happy little camper)

My other goals:
    - to run a sub 2:20 half marathon
    - Pass the test for the next rank at work
    - Enjoy life more
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    * Run at least (2) 1/2 marathons
    * Build up my savings :embarassed:
    * Cook more on the weekends so I don't have to worry about dinner every night. :explode:

Good thread! :flowerforyou:
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    *spend more time with my son
    * read my Bible daily
    * get married :happy:
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    4 GOALS FOR 2009~

#1. Make amends with everyone I stopped seeing eye to eye with

#2. Give up smoking

#3. Join a book club

#4. April 30th 2009 will be my binniversary (I know no such word exist). Aim is, fingers crossed
    and lips sealed to temptation reach my goal weight of 10st 7lb (149.7) and this include 3
    sessions of gym/week.

I posted these on 29/12 I think and so far, I have failed miserably on the smoking front!:sad: :sad: :sad: I only lasted 30 minutes!!!!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    this year is going to be a really tough year for me ...so

* keep it together and not use the tough times to eat like a pig

* be nice to my boyfriend..

* save as much money as possible

* be good for the environement...

* keep working out and lose the last bit of weight and maintain..

oufff. thats a lot...lol
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    4 GOALS FOR 2009~

#1. Make amends with everyone I stopped seeing eye to eye with

#2. Give up smoking

#3. Join a book club

#4. April 30th 2009 will be my binniversary (I know no such word exist). Aim is, fingers crossed
    and lips sealed to temptation reach my goal weight of 10st 7lb (149.7) and this include 3
    sessions of gym/week.

I posted these on 29/12 I think and so far, I have failed miserably on the smoking front!:sad: :sad: :sad: I only lasted 30 minutes!!!!

Have you tried the patch or other aids?

You can do it! Think how amazing 2009 will be when you quit smoking & reach your goal weight!!! :drinker: :heart:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    As long as I can fit into a size 8 I will be happy. I'm pretty tall and have a large frame, so I've pretty much reconciled myself to the fact that I will never be a size 2.:ohwell:

My goals for 2009 are to reach my goal weight (only 13 more pounds to go), to be more patient with people in general, and to find something every day to be grateful for.
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    I guess.. i have never really thought about this.. all my goals were " number attached" .. but i'm going to

1. focus more on how i feel and take care of my inner- me..
    2. get my daily prayers and connect with God- get closer.. i've messed up
    3. be a better partner to my husband.. be nice to him- God knows he deserves it..
    4. be a more patient mom , and not let my weight issue make me angry and grouchy so that they suffer :(
    5. try to enjoy life.. just life.. and do what i really enjoy .. like reading, spend time at Barnes & nobles..

yeah i k now it's a lot.. but i think it's so overdue ..
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    My goals:
    Run a 5k
    Start the Nursing Program and have a date for graduation
    Pay off all credit cards/loans and half on the car.
    Survive the beginning of another deployment.