Injured Foot

Options
So last week my right foot started to ache I figured it was from all the exercise. All week it has hurt a bit more every day but I still ignored it. (yes bad) Fast forward to yesterday I worked out in the am and by last night I was crying it hurt so bad. I have a doctors appointment today to see if I stress fractured it. If I did I will need to find another way to get my cardio in. Right now I am doing elliptical 3/4 days a week and I have added running/jogging 2/3 days. I know I should just let it rest, but I know me and I need to keep active and in a routine of some way. If anyone has a suggestion that would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Replies

• farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    So last week my right foot started to ache I figured it was from all the exercise. All week it has hurt a bit more every day but I still ignored it. (yes bad) Fast forward to yesterday I worked out in the am and by last night I was crying it hurt so bad. I have a doctors appointment today to see if I stress fractured it. If I did I will need to find another way to get my cardio in. Right now I am doing elliptical 3/4 days a week and I have added running/jogging 2/3 days. I know I should just let it rest, but I know me and I need to keep active and in a routine of some way. If anyone has a suggestion that would be wonderful.

Thanks!
  • amccarville
    Options
    ouch!!! i hope you get good news and a fast recovery!!!!!!:cry:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Stick to weights. Keep the routine "light weight/fast paced" to get your heart rate up. That's about the only way I know to stay off that foot and still get a work out in.

STAY OFF THE FOOT! Don't bike, don't swim, don't aggrivate it more then you have been until your doc tells you what's up. Good luck and hope he has good news!!
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Good new no stress fracture but a bad strain/sprain. I can be on it but no exercise for a week and if it is not better then I have to go back. Now I just need to figure out what exercise to do for the next week.