C25k

Options
I keep seeing this? What kind of work out is it? I know its running but I would like more info?

Replies

• lrodriguez83
    Options
    It is a program to help condition your body to run. It is basically walking/running intervals to build up your endurance to run. Its awesome. I love it!
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    www.c25k.com

It is a nine week running program - getting an individual who is used to a sedentary lifestyle ( Couch Potato ) to being able to run 30 minutes without stopping (or a 5k)

Couch - to - 5k :)

I am on Week Four, by the way!
  • johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5K - a running program for beginners that is all I know.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k = C25k
    Helps get you started running by beginning with very short run/walk intervals (1 min.) and builds you up to being able to run a 5k without stopping.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    It's a running program, it's a 9 week course, but you can take it at your own pace.. and it steps you week at a time towards running a 5K. It's a very successful program if you want to run.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Check out the web site: http://www.c25k.com/
    If you have a smart phone, you can get a free app (well... android is free, not sure about the others) that tells you when to run and when to walk. It's based on running in intervals to gradually (over 9 weeks) work your way up to running 5K all at once. I just started week 3 today and I'm loving it... I never thought I'd be a runner, but it makes it very accessible to beginners. I'd encourage you to get some quality running shoes and go for it!
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It's amazing - i would highly recommend it. It turned me into a runner. I won't lie to you, it is sooo hard at first if you're not used to running. But if you tough it out it does become enjoyable and I now love running.
  • nikkibyrdRN
    nikkibyrdRN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's is a great program. Slowly gets you conditioned for a 30 minute run...baby steps! I completed it in August and I used to HATE running! Now I'm training for a 10k and I LOVE running!!
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It stands for Couch to 5 Kilometers in 9 wks. You run 3 times a week, resting between each day. The program is designed for people who have never run before. I am on week two and love it. You gradually get to a 30 minute straight run. If you go on line and google c25k you can get the weekly intervals.

I say give it a try!
    Tonya
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    I have never been a runner. The mere thought of running gave me the heebie jeebies! Lol. However, I have always been envious of runners' bodies and watched my cousin change her body and life so much by doing a similar program. She is now running 10Ks. I am in my second week of C25K and I am doing things (and enjoying them!) that I have never done before and am looking forward to progressing.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Starting on my C25k tonight! I'm excited but very scared! lol
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Starting on my C25k tonight! I'm excited but very scared! lol

So was I! You can do it!!

I use the iPhone app and my favorite part of an exercise is hearing that voice chime and and give me a "Well done! See you in a couple of days!" :)
  • taniahboo
    Options
    Thanks! Im so excited Im thinking about trying this yey!! :)