HRM users please help!

Options
I got a heart rate monitor. How do I log this? It doesn't tell me how many calories burned (I thought it did) but you can just enter your calories in and your calorie target.. Is there ones that actually tell you how many calories you burn? Is there someway I can find out how many I did..

Like I road my bike.. it started at 95.. at one point I was at 225 but then got home and I was back to 90 something..

please help thanks

Replies

• sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Which monitor do you have? I have the polor FT4, and it tells me how many calories burned.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    its a Mio walk one...
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I don't know which HRM you have, but it sounds like you have one that, literally, only monitors heart rate. I have the Polar FT4 like the previous poster. It keeps track of my heart rate & estimates calories burned.

I'm not sure what you meant by starting at 95 & going to 225? Certainly that wasn't your heart rate.
  • johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar FT7 and it tracks calories for you. I love it.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    did you punch in your gender , age , current weight ? dose it have a chest strap?

most models will show your regular time , HR , Average HR and Max HR threw out the workout then change mode again and you`ll see cal`s burned
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I bought a different brand of HRM first and ended up taking it back because it just didn't do what I wanted it to. I ended up spending a few dollars more and got a Polar FT7. I absolutely love love love it! I recently bought my husband one on EBay for $75 with free shipping.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I found a site where you can enter average heart rate and then how much time, age ect.. maybe I can use that
  • JohnSerra
    Options
    Hi, the reason that your heart rate 'appeared to go up to 225 is probably because the chest strap was either a bit too loose or that you had a bad contact. Try some cardio gell for the two rubber pads if it is tight enough, and like the others there is no other way than to buy another hrm with calorie burn on it, sorry. John.