Mmmm. I think I discoverd the secret to a good coffee

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
protein shake. Add a little sweetener of some kind. I did 8oz cold coffee, 2oz skim milk, vanilla protein powder, 1.5 teaspoon sugar.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    my tips, a french press or some sort of booze ;)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Somewhere, Juan Valdez weeps.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Man do I love french press!!!

But I might have to give it a try ... always looking for ways to get more protien in my diet.
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    ewwwww...not a fan of cold coffee..but I hope you and others enjoyed it. :drinker:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    *I'm* weeping...
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    *I'm* weeping...

x3
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    ewwwww...not a fan of cold coffee..but I hope you and others enjoyed it. :drinker:

I wasn't until recently. Not sure what changed but now I am.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to try a protein shake coffee... Think I will try this tomorrow morning!!!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    *I'm* weeping...

x3

but who will think of the COFFEEEEEE???
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I wasn't until recently. Not sure what changed but now I am.
    It was probably the expired sushi, permanently altering your taste buds...*wink*
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Black Coffee + Ice + 1/2 can of Slim Fast Chocolate Royale = Morning Happiness!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...I might have to try this one. I generally dump 1/3 of a pot every day, so I think tomorrow, I'll save some and try it with protein powder. Might be a nice kick in the pants in the morning before my workout!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The only coffee I don't like is the 'free stuff' at work.... it's more like you discovered the secret to a good protein shake! That is what I can't seem to get into. (eyes watering at the chalky, lumpy texture)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options

You have to make it the right way. Cold brewed toddy is delicious! I have a French Press coffee cup I take to work all the time. Good coffee and no pot to clean=win!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Black and strong for me.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Love adding cold coffee to my Chocolate Peanut butter smoothie...mmmm! Talk about super charged for the day..hehe:wink:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Black and strong for me.

We're talking about coffee, right?
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I never thought of mixing my coffee and my protein shake...loves it
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I love adding a little coffee to my protein shakes for flavor. I am a major coffee lover. 4 cups a day (...maybe more...) always served black, strong, and preferably burn your tongue hot! (I do like iced coffee in the summer, though).
  • Statsol
    Statsol Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds good to me even without the added sugar. What type of vanilla protein do you use?