Looking for Heart Mamas!

Options
Hey Everyone!

I'm just looking for some fellow moms to friend whose children have congenital heart disease. My one year old has had 3 heart surgeries so far. We spend more time in the hospital than we do at home although we are on a record stretch right now *crosses fingers*. We've been out of hospital since July 4!

I'm taking this precious time at home to care for my amazing baby and to get healthy.

Hope to chat soon!

Replies

• RachelJE
    Options
    Oh my heavens!! I can't even imagine going through heart issues. My son was born with a birth defect in his foot and has had 4 surgeries, the last of which they basically took his foot apart and put it back together & he was in a wheelchair for 2 months (he is 4). So I haven't had your issues, but I know how heartbreaking it can be to have a little one who is hurting and you can't do a thing for them. Much love to you and your little one!!!
  • jennifer975
    jennifer975 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My 4-month old son was born with VSD (hole in his heart). He had surgery to patch the hole when he was 2 1/2 months old. He is doing great now! He shouldn't need any more surgeries, but we will be seeing his cardiologist still to keep an eye on it.

I know one surgery was scary enough for me, I can't imagine three. Hope everything continues to go well!
  • TaraTLC83
    TaraTLC83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump