New to Fitness Pal...... not new to Fitness :)

Options
Hi all! I am looking forward to sharing my future success with you and learning from and with you! I have lost 70 lbs in the last year, still have a way to go but that is ok- I have found my plateaus are related mostly to food- eating too much or eating the wrong thing. Exercise not a problem, I am a Zumba instructor and I teach 8-12 classes a week but sometimes (ok many times :wink: ) I finish class and I will eat too much, or I will eat the wrong food, so I am here to track and ensure all my hard work will results more quickly and definitive.
I wasn't one who learned as a child how to eat healthy-its been quite a journey in education. :smile:

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Welcome, so glad to hear we have a zumba teacher on board!
  • jagspal
    Options
    I too have always remained fairly active but eating and drinking too much! I have found this to be very helpful. It allows me to be aware of the calories I am taking in. As long as I am logging Iin!
  • drsteph01
    Options
    Welcome! I hear you on the learning to eat part. I was an athlete in high school, but never super skinny. Not horribly overweight though so I never really worried about my weight. I remember eating terribly. Drive thrus were a regular part of my life. Then I went to college and stopped playing sports regularly. The last 15 years have been a roller coaster for me, but this year I am on track. MFP has helped me a lot. Still a work in progress with the diet. I hope it helps you as well. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Welcome TO MFP:):) Pleasure to meet you Jagspal:flowerforyou:
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thx all! And if you need motivational exercise tips- I am your personal cheerleader!! :)